Chapter 2

You're sitting. On the floor. Yes. Floor. You can't believe it. YOU'RE SITTING ON FLOOR. No more dirty places. You won't miss the rats and mice. They have kept their word, you'll have a job and a place to stay in. You do feel just a little bit bad because you did hear them talk something about "not having enough funds" but still, you're happy that you have a place to sleep in. You woke up just half an hour ago when the phone they gave you last night rang. You're lucky that you know how to use one from your previous life. It's a flip phone but still better than nothing. It just became your most valuable treasure. Tsushi was and is still sleeping.

To be honest, you didn't expect them to call you in for work so early and already have a task for you. You are kind of nervous since it's the first time you'll be away from your brother for so long but hey, you can't afford to be picky now. Things are finally starting to come together. You're wearing someone's clothes, a long skirt with shorts underneath and a white office looking shirt. Your unkept hair is brushed and you feel like a human again after 2 weeks of not showering. You missed it all.

With your flip phone in your hands you take one more look at your brother and get out the door. Your mission is to retrieve Ranpo-san, the other man with the glasses from last night. Dazai told you that he gets lost often times, but fret not! Y/N is here to save the day!, his words, not yours.

Turns out, navigating the streets is more difficult than you thought. But then, you remember, you have a good nose and thank the gods above that you memorized their smell last night.

It's a bit difficult amongst the sea of people to point out his smell but eventually you get a clear path and there he was in all his glory, sitting on a bench.

"Good morning, Ranpo-san!"

The said man smiles and gets up.

"Alright! Now that you're here, let's go to the agency. The president is waiting."

Where is the agency? How will you even get the- That's right! You have your ultra special nose now. Hopefully Dazai or Kenji is already there. You really need to get used to having these abilities now.

"Do you know where to go?"

"No.. But I'll use my nose! Hopefully someone from last night is there."

"Hm."

While you're leading the way to the agency Ranpo gushes about the president, how respectable he is, how strong he is and bla bla bla. Then he switches to talk about himself and how he is the best detective you'll ever have the pleasure to meet. If he didn't stop talking about the president, you would have thought that he has a crush on him or something but you doubt it's anything but pure adoration for that man.

You have yet to meet him but you're already nervous and intimidated. You did have to stop a few times to buy candy for the self proclaimed and probably true, greatest detective in the world. You don't really mind it since it's been a while since you've had the pleasure to explore new places without fearing for your life. But wait. Hold on, didn't Dazai say something about bounty for the beasts? You'll have to ask him about it later.

At first glance, now that you're inside the building carrying all of Ranpo's candy the vibe is totally different. The inside screams professional but the people you've met so far look and act anything but professional.

One golden boy who talks about cows, one suicidal maniac, a very beautiful but shady looking lady, an idealist obsessed man and a prideful candy obsessed detective make an odd bunch and there are more members to meet. You wonder where do you and Tsushi fit in. You have a feeling that it's going to be fun working here.

"Put the candy over there and come with me, the president wants to talk with you."

Well that sounds.. Actually never mind. You're not going to think about it. It's probably just an interview.