Chapter 4

You're sitting in a chair facing Kunikida. At your right, Atsushi is still sleeping in the bed. Naomi just came out of Yasono's special room and you know Tanizaki is next. When you asked Naomi how she was feeling she told you that she's fine, just feeling a bit giddy. She did warn you though to try and never get injured if you don't want to end up where the magic happens. She didn't have the energy to explain to you why is that.

You suppose that even if you do have a job now, you still can't avoid being targeted. Just because you are with the agency it doesn't mean that you're immune to kidnappings and being hunted down by other organizations like those black dressed guys.

I was naive to think this was over. The Port Mafia is after us to collect money and honestly, it's kind of weird to be in this position.

Is this how criminals felt like in your original world? Of course, those with bounties on their head have them because they are dangerous individuals who either committed crimes or treason, not because they have abilities that could actually wipe an entire population if they so wished. But why do they want you and your brother anyway? As far as you can tell, there are people with powers that could wipe entire cities but they are not hunted down. It's not like you went berserk anyway! Sure, on the streets you might have injured one or two humans and killed plenty of animals but you weren't aware of what you were doing in the first place! That has to count for something, right?

You can tell that Kunikida is stressed out because you doubt he's reading or at least pretending to do it without his glasses and with the book upside down. You don't want to tell him that though, because you have a feeling you'll get bonked in a second.

With the corner of your eyes you notice Atsushi move as he opens his eyes.

"Hi again, sunshine."

He doesn't waste a second and shots up to stand in his bed.

"Woah, calm down." you tell him.

"Kunikida-kun! Y/N! Where are Tanizaki-san and Naomi-san?!"

Kunikida is keeping his calm.

"Calm down. They are both okay."

"Told ya. You don't need to panic." you place an arm on his shoulder.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Dr. Yasano is treating Tanizaki right now next door." Kunikida replies.

You jump a little bit in your chair when you hear Tanizaki scream. Now you know why the others don't want to talk about that room where the magic happens and how it happens. You make a mental note to not allow yourself to end up there very soon.

"That's... treatment?" Tsushi asks.

"Uh, I guess. Naomi didn't want to spill to much. She said that we're going to end up there and find out ourselves. Anyway, we have bigger issues now, I guess..." you scratch your neck as you say that.

"What is it?"

"I heard, brat."

"Huh?"

Kunikida looks at you expectantly. He decided that you're going to be the one to break the news so he doesn't have to. Just talking about it is stressing enough.

"Well.. uh... You have a 7 billion yen bounty on you and I have a 6 billion one...On the black market." you shrugged.

"What?!"

" 13 Billion in total, huh? You've moved up in the world. No wonder the Port Mafia are keen to get their hands on you brats."

Hearing about it again doesn't make it any better. You two are just people who are unfortunate enough to be targeted by powerful forces. You've gained popularity and look where that has gotten you both.