Chapter 8

Note:

I've decided that I'm going to follow the manga as it's way easier to write and follow the conversation. I don't know how much different it is from the anime, hopefully not much.

--------------------------------------------------------
Please read note below (beware small spoilers)

Edit Note: I'm aware that people are worried about the "date" between Kyouka and Atsushi. It is meant to be purely platonic and has another meaning than what you'd normally think of. Y/N is just being embarrassing and not actually wanting them to go on an actual date (romantic kind, because I think people can have platonic dates as well.). I was trying to make it seem like Y/N had played a part in his decision (encouraging him to do the right thing) like other people have done for them despite their condition, with the bounty, danger level and all, just put in an embarrassing way.
Originally, y'all were supposed to join the PLATONIC "date" and be chaotic but I felt like Atsushi being forced to take the decision alone at end of the day was a MUST NOT CHANGE FROM ORIGINAL for his character development like in the manga and anime so I changed my mind and ended up sending y'all to a Dazai hunt instead.

Kyouka will not be shipped with anyone.

------------------------

You woke up with a scream. You had a nightmare but you only remember snippets of it. It was mainly about you being tied to a table with leader straps and the female doctor standing above you with what looked like torture medical devices. At least to you they were torture. You didn't feel anything except-

"Ah, you're awake faster than I thought."

You recognize the voice belonging to none other than the female doctor's.

"W-what?" you whimper. Then, it all comes back to you in a flash. The train, the little girl, the bomb and shielding them from the impact of the explosion, unfortunately resulting in completely destroying your back. Then, shielding them once again from the impact with the water.

"I had to treat you after you got 3rd degree burns on your body."

Oh, so that was not a nightmare, after all.

You visibly wince when you remember the unbearable heat you had been hit with.

"So now my back is fine?"

Yosano nods. She continues to write whatever she was writing before you woke up.

"You're free to go now. The other girl woke up no to long ago. You might just catch them before they leave."

Say no more. I hope Atsushi is fine.

You thank her and jump off the bed, slightly dizzy from the sudden move, but nothing you can't handle. You make your way out the room, and to Yosano's office.

It was all on Atsushi to get your body and the young girl out of the water. After meeting up with Yosano, you were brought in and treated at the agency, then, you were put to rest on the bed. You were still sleeping while Kunikida was interviewing Kyouka.

Atsushi was slightly reluctant to leave you, which in turn ended up being scolded by Kunikida for wasting his time when he insisted on agreeing to Kyouka's terms on eating out.

Fortunately, they didn't have to wait for long as they heard you. However, Kunikida was not having it.

"Hurry up, brat! We're not waiting for you!" he yelled and continued to walk towards the exit.

You turned sharp around the corner, jumping on one leg as you struggled to put on your other shoe.

"I'm coming!"