Chapter Two: Brat

I was just 'casually' walking by Levi's office when I accidentally made eye contact with him.

"Oh shit, shit, shit," I muttered, my pace quickening ever so slightly.

"What do you think you're doing, brat?" A hiss emerged just outside of Levi's door. I stopped dead in my tracks and pivoted on my heel to face him. I put my fist over my chest, held my chin really high and made the lamest excuse a human being could make.

"I was heading to the stables, Corporal. It's time to feed Clyde," I took a sharp inhale and held my breath that was gone the second I closed my mouth. I didn't look directly at Levi, but I could hear his boots click across the floor.

"The stables? The stables are in the opposite direction of my office."

"I got... Lost," I slowly said, my speech connecting slightly.

"Are you intoxicated, brat? Because you have to be drunk of your ass to misinterpret where the fucking stables are."

"My deepest apologies, Heichou," I dropped my fist and dropped my chin a bit. He took my chin lightly with two fingers and lifted it.

"Listen here, brat. You aren't supposed to be intoxicated ever, I don't smell liquor on your breath, and you never drop your head like a whiney child in front of a commanding officer. Especially if you're in the Survey Corps." Levi's face was at least six inches away from mine. He had an intense stare on his face. "What the hell were you doing in front of my office, you shitty brat?"

I took a deep breath.

"I was making sure you were okay, Corporal." He was caught off guard for a second, and his face seemed to lighten up a bit before he locked into his usual scowl.

"Jaeger, I don't need your sympathy or your check ups, alright? I'm contemplating if you're too soft for these corps, but then I remember you are part-Titan, part-Monster, and I can't even fathom you being a child in this war. You're a weapon that is useful. Now get out of my face, brat."

He roughly swung my face to the right and went back into his office. I walked past his window yet again, just to get to the stables.

I opened Clyde's stall and he seemed happy to see me.

"Hi there, Clyde. Ready for some food?" I grabbed the bucket full of various things horses eat as his excitement filled his eyes. I brushed him and cleaned his stall. He seemed happy, a complete opposite reflection of how I felt. I was torn up inside. Levi had never been that cruel to me, and I don't know if I could stand to be called brat again. I felt like crying, but I don't want to come off as weak. He also called me a monster, a weapon. I was more than that.

"Clyde, serious question here, do you think I'm a brat?"