Chapter Five: Realization

Tension grew as we kept eye contact and finally Levi broke his gaze. He had a smirk on his face, which quickly changed to his usual glare as he looked up to meet my eyes again.

"Eren, I'm going to make this clear. You are not going back into combat until we get our new squad. This will take a few months as the new possible recruits are in boot camp."

"I'm here to serve the Survey Corps, sir. You can't instruct me not to fight while others die for us. For humanity! I want to kill them all, rid of these monsters!" I punched the wall next to me, my power channeling my rage. I heard a crack in my hand and fell to the floor due to the pain that surged through my arm.

"I'm not sure where you were going with that, brat." Not the brat thing again.

He knelt beside me and took my hand. I ignored the pain and blood and focused on the feeling in my stomach as he observed my hand and its inglorious state. I never noticed how his gray eyes looked like polished stones and how his ebony hair perfectly rested on the top edge of his sharp looking eye brows. He didn't have his jacket on, yet he still wore his cravat. His dress shirt reflected his muscular figure that was lying beneath it.

I remember an event that happened a couple years ago. I saw Mikasa in her personal training gear, as well as all the other girls, and while the other guys gawked at them, I had no attraction to them. No funny feelings. I felt nothing in my stomach. In comparison to the way Levi was making me feel, it was polar opposites.

I heard a crack and let out a scream.

"I popped back in two of your fingers into the joint. You dislocated them. Don't go punching walls anymore, Jaeger. You need your hands to work." He pulled his cravat loose, took it off and tied it around my hand. He rested my hand in my lap, and released it very hesitantly. "One more thing, Jaeger."

"Yes, sir?"

"No matter how hard we try, we can't kill them all until we know what caused them all."

* * *
A/N: Holy guacamole, I did not expect this to get this much attention. Anyways, I apologize for the short chapter. Marching band season has started for me and school will be starting in two weeks which includes busy business, so the updates will be even less, but hopefully I can deliver longer chapters. Thanks everyone!