Chapter One: Something Odd

I don't know why, but Levi has been off. Ever since we had that deep, DEEP cleaning day, he has been more bitter than usual. Of course, Levi is not one to joke around with or have small talk. He is straight to the point, and you loiter around him too long, he calls you a brat and sends you away. That has happened way too many times to me.

I don't know exactly why I think he is acting odd or why I would care. I swear, you show kindness towards him, and he looks at you with a look of resentment.

"Eren, yoo hoo," Petra said, waving her hand in front of me.

"Wha?" I said, dazed.

"You were daydreaming again. Problems?"

"No, why would I have problems?" I said, with a sarcastic chuckle. I can't make any mistakes or it's the final straw for me. Ever since the troops found out about my thing with changing into a Titan and being potentially dangerous, I was a threat.

"Yeah, that wasn't a wise question. It's just that you seem to be thinking hard about something, and you always look concerned," Petra looked at me, and I just gave her a blank look in return.

"No, I'm okay. Here's a question, has Levi been off? I figured you would be closer to him then the rest of the troop."

"And why is that, may I ask?" Her face started to turn a light shade of pink.

"It's because you're on his good side! I didn't mean anything other than that!" I stammered.

Smooth Eren. You were only trying to get quick information on Levi, which you were unnaturally worrying about.

"Yeah, okay, well he's okay I guess. I guess I'll check up with him on my so called "secret sessions" with him that people seem to be spreading around."

"Ugh, I didn't mean anything like that, Petra." She already stomped off before I finished the sentence.

I was still worried about Levi, which I thought was just weird. I decided to use every excuse to pass by his door. Whether it was sweeping or cleaning windows, I would have an excuse to pass by his window everytime I did something. Just in case I caught a glimpse of him or something like that.

One day, I actually did. It was the most weird encounter I have ever had with anyone.