The Future of a Tribe

When we returned from the forest, I watched as my mother and father took my siblings to my grandmother to check them over. Once they left them, they went to their hut, and I knew they would argue. It was nights like this, that I would seek out comfort from the only true friend I had, outside of my family.

As I was lost in my thoughts, Kxitx nudged me with her head. I let out a breathy laugh as I turned my attention to her. "Hey girl, you did good today", I spoke to her in a soft voice. I felt a presence approaching me and I continued, "What do you think, huh? Who's that? Ya, we know him." I said to my sister as I turned my head to face Tarsem. I greet him with a slow nod and he returns it. As he lifts his head, he speaks in a soft tone, just as I had;

 As he lifts his head, he speaks in a soft tone, just as I had;

"I am glad to see you arrived unscathed. How are your siblings?" Hearing his question, my ears twitch and bend backwards. I look down slightly and stare at the ground. "They are alive, but had we not arrived when we did... I do not know what would have happened." I look up as I finish my sentence and I know he can see how terrified I am. "We almost lost them.." I choke out.

His gaze softens to one of love and comfort, "Hey hey hey... look at me", he places his hands on both of my shoulders and I make eye contact with him. "They are alive. You are alive. You saved them. You're home." He reassures me. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before nodding my head, letting him know he helped. My eyes open and I place one of my hands on his chest and he covers it with his own. 

"Thank you" I breathe out, feeling his steady heartbeat under my fingers. A feeling of serenity spreads through me.

"Now go. Your family needs you" he tells me as he moves a piece of hair out of my face. I smile fondly and place my hand on his cheek. After a moment I turn away and walk to my parent's tent, ready to face them now. I know I said I didn't care to find a potential mate, because I already found one. Tarsem has always been there for me, and we both know that if I am to choose a mate, it would be him, despite the age difference. But he is also aware of my feelings towards the subject and still, he doesn't push the topic on me.

As I walked towards my parents hut, knowing I needed to figure out what the plan was, I found my siblings crouched down eavesdropping in on the parents. I focused in on Tuk, who had her butt in the air and was peeking inside the tent. I had to cover my mouth as a way to prevent a laugh from slipping out. Collecting myself, I slowly made my way into the den. Silent as ever I walked to stand beside my father as they both noticed my presence but continued on..

"This thing, this Quaritch, whatever he is... He can walk right in here, he can walk in right under Eywa's nose."

"This is our family. This is our home." 

"This is about our family, this is about our little ones."

"I cannot. You cannot as this." Ok now I'm lost.. "I cannot leave my People, OUR People. I will not." Now wait a damn minute... I turned to my father;