The Kin of Royalty

I didn't move for days, or at least it felt like that. I spent all my time meditating, holding onto my connection with Kiri, feeling her heartbeat. It was weak, but it was there. Kxitx was curled around me, keeping me warm. Technically I did move, but it was involuntary. Kxitx got annoyed and actually moved me further into the cave, pushing me with her head. I am thankful though, the water gets cold at night and her embrace has always comforted me.

Eventually, sleep enveloped me and my body relaxed from it's tense state. I did not dream though, I was stuck in a void. Not that I am complaining, I was scared that my dreams would be filled with fears. Luckily, even though I did not dream, my body still rested. So when I awoke the next day, I felt anew. 

I stayed curled up with Kxitx for a while, relishing in the tranquility she brought me. But eventually, I knew I needed to return. I got up and stretched my limbs as my spirit sister did the same. "Well my girl, I believe it's time." She yips in agreement and nudges my torso with her head, eager to leave. I laugh as I mount her and we move to the edge of the cave before she spreads her wings and we launch from the sand.

Once in the air, we glide home, neither of us in a hurry. I can still feel Kiri's weak heartbeat, giving me peace to overcome the worry of something happening.

--**--

Approaching the reef, I can see the village in the distance but something feels off. I see everyone outside on the beach, surrounding what looks like... a chopper? Oh fuck, he didn't... I push Kxitx to the gathering of Na'vi. We land after an area big enough for my Ikran is cleared. I hop off and make my way to the chopper, hearing Kxitx take off, probably to her nest.

"Rey'eng?" I turn to see Aonung running to me. He reaches me and pulls me into a hug. I hesitate before wrapping my arms around him as well. He pulls back and checks me over for injuries before meeting my eyes again. "Are you ok? Where the hell did you go?"

"I'm fine, I just... needed space."

"Ya well, next time you need space, at least wear the thing you and your parents use to talk. You know, so we know your alive." My ears bend back in shame.

"Sorry" I say as I look down. He huffs before hugging me again. We separate and I look to the chopper again. Following my gaze, he speaks.

"Some of your father's friends came and are with Kiri now." I roll my eyes and begin to walk to the hut. I hear multiple footsteps following me, so I stop and turn to find every warrior on the beach following me. Seeing my confusion, Aonung explains, "you remember when you talked to my mother through that weird connection thing?"

I nod my head before something pops up in my head, "Wait, how did you know that? Did she tell you?" He is quiet for a moment before taking a deep breath and speaking, "Rey, you didn't just send the message to her... you sent it to the whole village."

"What..."

"That and once you did arrive, you brought a storm with you. You didn't notice, but everyone was gathered outside your family's pod when you screamed at your father. Everyone noticed the lightening that struck right after..."

I look around to see all the warriors watching me with a mix of worry and pride. "Wait.. do they think it was me causing the weather?"

"We know it was..." I stay silent, stunned by this revelation. "Right after you took off, the storm disappeared." A moment passes before he continues, "everyone is following you because they believe... we believe that you were born with a piece of Eywa's soul."

I laugh, "Ok calm down, it's a little early to be making that assumption."

"It's really not. Your parents explained how you and Kiri have been able to talk through your minds since you were little. And how you can tell where she is at all times. Or how about the time Lo'ak and I were fighting and you yelled so loud the ground shook?"