Prologue

Hershey Pennsylvania, 2012
The weather was somewhat warm, at least mid February, a little boy, with a little backpack on. just finished soccer at a friends house he was now heading inside his house.
When he heard his parents and  his older brother in a little argument. Next thing he knows he sees his older brother run past him ignoring him and enters a black Jeep that he recognizes as his older sisters Maddie and then his parents come out.
His mom then comes out side trying to catch his brother but she sees him and looks down at him. "Have you eaten dinner yet issac?" He just shakes his head no
  They both head into the house and then his mom takes his backpack off and jacket. "Okay issac takes your shoes off and then go into the kitchen daddy will give you some pot pie and then homework and bed."
  She then walks into the kitchen Issac just sits down and unties his shoes and then rubs his eyes. The boy walks into the kitchen and clears his throat his father turns around and just smiles.
  "Do you have homework?" The boy just looks at him before speaking "no I did my homework packet already for the week Evan was suppose to look it over for me."
   The dad sighs before setting a cup of apple juice down with a plate "I'll look it over bud" the little boy nods before starting to eat. Once he's done he puts his plate and cup into the sink and heads upstairs to his room and sits at his desk and starts coloring on his pages.
When he hears the front door open and his dad talking to his brother in a hush voice and then Evan says "okay dad,fine I'll tell him" and then foot steps walking up the stairs and stop in his door way"
   Evan Buckley just stares at his little brother with his blonde hair that is in need of a haircut but he has his little tounge sticking out as he concentrates on coloring.
       He sighs before walking in and sitting on his bed " ike what are you coloring?" Evan ask his little brother. He looks up and turns a bit "Phineas and ferb and Perry"
Evan just smiles and then sighs a bit "bud I need to tell you something and I know you might not understand but it's for the best."
Issac turns around completely and looks at his older brother "I'm leaving for a bit I don't know when I'll be back but I promise to always write and call when I can."
He just looks at his brother and looks up with tears in his eyes "will Maddie be going or staying?" Evan sighs and pats the bed next to him.
The little boy stands up and walks to the bed "the plan is for her to come with me but we both love you it's just hard to understand you'll know when you are my age."
Isaac just looks up at him "I thought you would save me from them" as he starts to cry a little bit Evan frowns not understanding.
"What do you mean bud?" Issac looks up "I'm always alone and I thought now that I'm almost nine we could hang out more"
Evan sighs and just hugs him just then Margaret Buckley comes in to the room. "Issac it's 8:10 you know what that means time to brush your teeth. The little boy nods and gets up and heads into the bathroom.
"Evan that boy looks up to you just promise to keep your word unlike Maddie did to you." Then she leaves and heads to the bathroom.
Evan hears her say "Luke Skywalker is not talking so I don't believe you are brushing" Evan sighs and walks over to his brother desk and sees that his brother platypus colored orange not blue and he just smiles.
He walks over to the book shelf and takes down the book him and Issac read every night. Evan then walks into the room.
Evan just smiles "okay hey you pajamas and we can get you settled for the night." Issac quickly goes to his draw and opens it and grabs the first thing. As he strips and puts his pajama on Evan grabs his dirty clothes and put them in the laundry bin in the closet.
Issac then gets into the bed and lays down and Evan pulls the cover up and settles on the chair next to the bed.
"It won't be the same without you reading to me at night" Evan sighs "I'll record enough of me reading to last until the summer I promise"
Issac just nods his head against the pillow buck opens the book which is Percy Jackson and the last Olympian and gets to the chapter that they left off on "okay looks like we are on the last chapter."
"Chapter 23 the tile is we say goodbye sort-of." Issac laughs at that "camp went late that summer it lasted two more weeks right up to the new school year" by the time Evan looked up Issac was fast asleep and he was only 1 page in.
He closed the book and stood up softly and then put the book on the shelf and turned on the night light and turned off the light.
He closed the door but left it open a crack and then went downstairs to see his parents grading papers. He sighs before heading into the kitchen and grabbing a water.
He then heads back into the den "he's asleep conked out before I even got to the end" and then laughs and then sits down
His father looks at him before taking his reading glasses off "if I remember correctly you always fell asleep before the kiss" buck just laughs shaking his head.
"I'll be leaving around 3 tomorrow so I can say goodbye to ike" Margaret just rolls her eyes "seriously Evan his name is Issac so stop with that ridiculous nicknamed it was fine when he was a baby but he's 8 now"
Evan just sighs and stands up before looking over his shoulder "when I'm gone you won't have to worry " and then he heads up the stairs to go to bed.
The next morning he awakes to a sneeze in his room he quickly opens his eyes to see his little brother with his backpack on and looks at Evan
"I just wanted to say goodbye and give you this note and picture" Evan looks at the papers his little brother was holding out to him.
And sighs then sits up "I was going to leave after you got home" Issac just shakes his head "I have baseball today I won't be home until 5;30"
Evan sighs and hugs Issac "I'll miss you Ike" Isaac replies with me too before he leaves and waves and runs down the stairs.
Evan gets up and packs everything he needs and puts it in the Jeep Maddie gave him last night and then sits at his desk and writes a letter to Issac and then grabs the paper Issac gave him a hour ago.
The first one was the coloring he did the night before and then on the back was a drawing of him and Issac with Maddie and a rainbow he smiles at that. The next one is a letter.
Dear Evan,
I'll always miss you please come back soon your little brother,
Ike
Evan smiles and grabs the papers and put them on his visior of his Jeep and then grabs a old cassette tape and records some books and leaves them on the chair in Issac room.
He then heads and gets some road trip food from the store and puts it in the backseat and then heads to the hospital to get Maddie so they can get on the road.
He waits for over a hour and even tries calling her and gets nothing before he heads inside to the e.r where she works as he runs in.
Someone stops him "oh, Evan ,Evan" a guy in blue scrubs at the nurses station says. He stops and looks at him.
"Oh Maddie's friend right? Hey have you seen her?I was suppose to pick her up here and I can't find her and she's not picking up her phone?" He sighs before grabbing a letter
"Yea she left this for you" and hands him the letter
And then goes back to what he was doing.
Evan than opens up the letter .
Dear Evan,
I'm sorry to tell you this way, but I can't leave with you. For one crazy minute, I really thought I could do it. But then reality set in and I realized that my life is here. But yours isn't. It's still ahead of you, and I want you to find it. Find the thing that makes you happy. The people that make you feel loved. This is your time now, Evan. Go find your place in the world and never look back.
Evan then crumbles up the paper and throw a it away and leaves the hospital fast. The next three years he sends postcard to both Maddie and Isaac of his travels but only Maddie gets them.
By September of that year Issac is at boarding school in Washington D.C and lives there all the time except for summer when he goes to camp and holidays when he sees Maddie up until he goes to boarding school in California for high school.
🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬🧬
Guys it's been a while since I've written anything let's see where this story goes 9-1-1 is my favorite show so I thought let's see let me know what you think don't be a ghost reader!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️