Confrontations

-TW for possessive behavior and implied/referenced abuse-

Scott didn't know why he kept wearing the necklace, it just felt right like it was supposed to be there, he had even started wearing it to sleep. He hadn't had a nightmare ever since he had started wearing it. Something told him to keep it a secret from the council. The corruption had spread further through Rivendell but for some reason he didn't care as much as he probably should. He stepped into the council room, taking his seat at the head of the table.

"Why did the Codfather visit," a stern looking elf asked.

"He came by to ask how I was doing," he replied, "I told him I was, and sent him on his way"

Some of the elders grumbled.

"As long as you don't jeopardize our allegiance with the Cod Empire, if you do, there will be consequences."

I know, I know

"I was polite, I think our allegiance is still secure"

"Good, check on the corruption and make sure it hasn't spread, you are dismissed."

Scott felt a stab of annoyance, with the way they were talking, you would think that they were the emperors not him. He bowed stiffly and exited.

I guess I should check on the corruption.

It didn't feel like a pressing issue, but it was what the council demanded.

Let's see, I thought I saw some corruption near the farms.

He spread his wings and started toward the farms.

—-----------

Sure enough, there was red corruption all over the farms. Sighing he took out his hoe and began hacking at the vines. Or at least he tried to. Cutting through the vines felt wrong, after struggling for a few minutes he stopped. Scott glared at the corruption. A chuckle came from behind him. Stiffening, he whipped around. Some sort of creature, a demon maybe, stood there, crimson corruption all over them.

"Who are you?" He snapped.

"I am Xornoth."

Scott 's heart nearly stopped.

"But... you died."

The demon just stared at him.

"Nonononono, Th-they said that you went mad and killed yourself, y-you can't be alive."

"Are you disappointed?" The demon inquired.

"No, I just-"

"Is it really so hard to believe that our parents would lie to you?" Xornoth crooned.

Scott was frozen in fear and disbelief, he hadn't noticed that the demon, his brother, had gotten closer

"It must have been so hard, having to live with the council, I wish I never had to leave"

His brother's eyes fell on the necklace.

" I see you got my gift."

Scott was so focused on his brother's face, that he didn't notice the red vines slowly creeping towards him. Xornoth was now right in front of him.

"Why don't you come with me, I can protect you."

Scott really wanted to say yes, he was about to nod when someone slammed into Xornoth, he snapped out of whatever trance he was in. When he looked, Xornoth was gone and... solidarity? Yes, that was the Codfather, standing there holding a sword. He dropped it and rushed over to Scott.

"Ohmygosh are you okay?" He looked worried.

Scott shook himself, "yeah, thank you."

The blonde beamed, "No problem! Wouldn't want you to get hurt, you're probably the only tolerable elf!"

Seeming to realize what he had just said, he blushed a violent red.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean..." He spluttered.

Scott stopped his rambling with a chuckle, before long they were both lying on the ground laughing.

Coming to his senses, Scott helped the other ruler up, brushing off his cloak.

"We should probably return to our respective empires, if you stay here for too long, the Ocean Queen may come for my head!"

"Yeah, and then I would have saved your life for nothing."

They both laughed at that.

"See you soon?" The Codfather asked.

"See you soon," he replied.

The cod hybrid readied his elytra for take off.

"Oh, and thank you, Solidarity, for everything."

"No problem," he smiled, "and please, call me Jimmy."

"Okay, you can call me Scott."

"Alright then, Scott, have a great night and try not to get attacked again."

Scott gave a small smile, "Goodnight Jimmy."

Xornoth wasn't about to give up, he would just have to find another way to get to his brother. Even if that meant he would have to deal with a certain annoying cod.

"I will protect you brother, no matter what."

-Already four chapters in! If anyone has made it this far, thank you so much. Updates probably won't be regular. I love you all/p. Have a good night/morning!-