Meetings

-TW for, um, IDK. Maybe like, implied body horror, but not really? (BTW this chapter was not beta read)-

"Lady Kathrine!"

The sudden shout shook the empress out of her head, she turned to face the voice. A short gnome was standing there, she seemed to have run all the way from her empire, although she wasn't even slightly out of breath.

"Shrub?" Katherine was confused, "what are you doing here?"

"I, Um, I just wanted to see you"

Did she just blush?

Kathrine felt her face heating up as well, she cleared her throat, turning away.

"Well, why don't we head to the meeting room for some tea?"

"O-okay, that sounds good!" Shrub stuttered slightly.

They walked in silence to the meeting room. When their tea arrived, Kathrine gestured for the servant to leave the platter on the table, before waving them away. Shelby nervously picked up one of the cups, taking a small sip. Her eyes lit up.

"Wow! This is delicious!"

Kathrine smiled.

"I'm glad you like it."

Her chest felt warm as she watched Shrub finish his cup. Shrub looked at Kathrine over the rim of her cup. She placed it on the table.

"So, I actually did just come over to check on you, but while I'm here, I might as well fill you in on what has happened in my empire."

Kathrine leaned forwards.

"Continue"

"U-um, the corruption has spread almost all the way through my empire, and I decided to fly over Rivendell on my way over. It seems a lot colder than normal."

Kathrine frowned.

"I mean, it is in the mountains, isn't it normally pretty cold?"

"Yeah," shrub replied, "but it was weird, I got the same feeling from Smajor's empire that I got from the corruption, but I only saw a bit of corruption around his farms."

"That is strange"

Kathrine's mind was swirling with questions, she sighed.

"I'll look into it."

Shrub gave a grateful smile.

"I should probably go."

"Yeah."

For some reason, Katherine felt sad to see the little gnome go. Right before he reached the door, Shrub stopped and turned back around.

"If you ever need help with anything, please let me know, you already have so much on your shoulders. If you need a break, you are always welcome in the Undergrove."

He looked like he was being genuine. Kathrine felt a swell of gratitude (and maybe something else as well) rise in her chest.

" Thank you, I might take you up on that some time."

Shrub smiled before walking out the door.

---------

Kathrine flew up to the Ocean Queen's empire, planning to trade for some prismarine. As she flew over the cod empire, she noticed that the swamp was crawling with corruption.

That's odd.

She decided to check it out. Landing outside of The Codfather's house, she saw that red vines had broken through the windows. Heart beating loud in her chest, she approached the door, carefully pushing it open. Kathrine didn't know what she expected to find, but it definitely wasn't the sight of the codfather, unconscious, wrapped in corruption. It was nearly impossible to recognize him.

"Oh no!"

I need to get his sister.

She flew out of his empire in a panic, flying as fast as she could for the Ocean Empire. She crashed onto the staircase of the prisma palace. Kathrine rushed up to the axolotl's enclosure, and sure enough, the Ocean Queen was swimming with her subjects. Kathrine gestured for them to talk outside. The Hybrid gave her a quizzical look before swimming out to meet her. The Ocean Queen's pink hair dripped on the floor.

"What brings you to my fine empire?"

"I-its the Codfather."

The pinkette's expression immediately hardened.

"What. Happened."

"I was just at his empire. It was crawling with corruption, so I decided to check on him. I found him unconscious and covered in vines."

"I need to see this for myself, take me to him."

Kathrine nodded and spread her elytra, lighting a firework.

--------

The Ocean Queen gasped when she saw her brother's unconscious form.

"Oh Jimmy"

Her voice was nearly a whisper and her eyes glistened with unshed tears. All Kathrine could do was watch, she felt so helpless. She hated it. Snapping out of her thoughts, she noticed that the Ocean Queen had begun ripping the vines off of the Codfather. Once the last of the corruption was off, he began to stir. Slowly, his eyes blinked open, he looked extremely confused.

"Jimmy!"

The Ocean Queen pulled him into a tight hug.

"Lizzie? When did you get here?"

"The corruption, it was all over you"

"What?"

He seemed genuinely confused.

"The last thing I remember was..."

His eyes suddenly lit up with worry.

"Scott! Scott is in danger!"

"You mean Smajor?"

Lizzie looked puzzled, honestly Kathrine mostly wanted to know how the Codfather managed to convince Smajor to let him use his first name.

"Yeah, I saved him from the demon."

Ah, that'll do it

"I think the demon was the one who knocked me out."

The Ocean Queen growled.

"I'm going to kill that miserable excuse for a demon!"

"We have to hurry to Rivendell, I don't know what this demon wants with Scott, but it can't be good."

Kathrine sighed.

It looks like I might have to take Shrub up on her offer sooner than I thought.

Xornoth stood outside of their brother's empire, corruption had already spread unseen to the guardian stag statues. The fish should be out of commission for at least a little while.

"I think It's time I paid my dearest brother a proper visit"

-afwkjfskjbclknakwehk! People are reading this! Thank you so much! (Oh my gosh this is #2 in Xornoth!) Hmmm... I wonder what's going to happen next... Again, thank you so much for reading this I hope you enjoy, constructive criticism is very appreciated. (also nature wives my beloved)-