19

The fungent smells lingered around her. The beeping sounds scared her a little, afraid of the rhythm suddenly getting fast. The cords were everywhere. From the drugs on the IV stand which dropped along the tube to the veins.

Jungwon hurriedly called Jiwoo to come to the hospital, putting aside all of her works and cancel all of her appointments, she is here.

A stiff body laid down unconciously on the bed. With a woman standing still beside the bed, still in disbelief.

This morning, Jungwon called, saying that Jiwoo should be here right now. Just to heard a bad news.

" He skipped his chemotherapy for a long time that his cancer cell is getting bigger " Jungwon said, while pointing at the tumor size in Jeongwoo's brain on the X-ray LED light.

She could hear something shattered to the piece.

But it was not a glass

But her heart.

" He didn't allow me to tell you. But I insisted. So that is why I decided to tell you when he is doing his chemotheraphy now "

Jiwoo stood there, denying the reality. The look in her eyes held an unexplainable expression. Her face showed an expressionless feature.

A screeching sound rung her ears as the door was slid open. She remained unmoved, staring at the wither body.

" Jiwoo, I wanted to talk with you " The voice said.

" Not now " She said, almost whimpering.

" No, It should be now. You have to know the truth " The person spoke again. Jiwoo turned her head and met the said person's eyes.

" What nonsense you wanted to spit again, Haewon? "

Haewon let out a heavy breath. She understood why Jiwoo treated her like that. But still, Haewon drew a weak smile " I just want you to know the truth "

" And get your happiness that both you and Jeongwoo deserved " She paused, finding Jiwoo's eyes that were deep in thought " Let's talk outside, Jeongwoo needs a lot of rest "

Jiwoo nodded in defeat. Haewon turned her back and set her pace out of the ward. Jiwoo glanced at Jeongwoo's unconscious body before she followed the younger step.

The two ambled their way out. As they walked past the door, Jiwoo slid the door closed, not wanting the noises of the hallway to disturb her Jeongwoo resting time.

" What are you going to tell me? " Jiwoo leaned back on the wall, arms folded across her chest. Clearly wanted to keep the conversation short.

" Jeongwoo and I have never been in a relationship " Haewon started, making Jiwoo stand back up straight.

" Haewon, I need your help " Jeongwoo said as soon as he pulled the said girl to the wall nearby.

Haewon pushed down his grip from her arms " Just say it, No need to pull me like this " Haewon scolded.

" I'm sorry " Jeongwoo quickly apologized, hanging his head low.

" What is it? "

" Please be my fake girlfriend "

" I was flabbergasted at that time, not knowing what to do. But he was begging, kneeling in front of me to do so. So I have no choice " Haewon continued.

" From what you heard through the car bluetooth... "

As quick as the Usain Bolt, her mind quickly rewinds the situation that happened four years ago.