🪄 Enchanted 🪄

It was cold and Nico should have probably brought a coat.

Of course he could have just gone back and gotten one but what if she showed up. He wasn't willing to risk it even though he was starting to freeze.

It was Christmas! A holiday he now had weird feelings about. Nico still believed in God and Jesus but now he wasn't sure if he should. He also didn't know why a camp of half-greekgods were celebrating a Christian holiday. 

He didn't know a lot of things to be honest.

What he did know however is that Bianca was coming. After almost a month he was going to be able to see her!

Any minute now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nico was starting to turn blue. 

Many of the campers had walked by, wanting to know why a small child was so insistent on not moving.

Nico hated the attention. The only good thing about it was that now he had about 15 blankets. 4 coats, 23 scarfs and a countless amount of gloves. No one wanted to part with their hat, especially as it had started to snow.

So here Nico was. Back against a tree. Wearing a coat way too big for him, sitting on two blankets with the rest over his knees, wearing 5 pairs of gloves and knotting the scarves together to create a ... Well he didn't exactly know what he was creating but that's beside the point.

Nico watched the snowflakes fall as the chorus of Silent Night was sung in the distance. 

It was almost pitch black and he'd started to accept the fact that she wasn't coming. But just in case. Just in case he'd stay here.

You should just leave.

No what if she comes!

Bianca's not showing up.

She might...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so another hour passed. Nothing.

Nico stayed. Aware she wasn't coming but not wanting to leave. 

Not wanting to make it all so real.

She'd abandoned him again.

The crunching of snow let him know someone was coming. Probably Chiron. Except when the person sat down next to him it was clear they didn't have hooves.

And there they stayed. Perhaps it was a bit creepy not to say anything but Nico appreciated it. He liked the quiet and he wasn't ready to talk to anyone yet. It was just nice to have company.

After a while Nico broke the silence.

"Thank you,"

"No worries" the person replied.

The silence wrapped around then once more. The moon was behind some clouds so Nico couldn't see who had arrived. He could tell however the person was a boy from his voice. He was sad it was cloudy. The stars and moon enchanted Nico. They were beautiful but so so far away. In a way they reminded him of Bianca.

After a moment's silence the person spoke again, "If i'm allowed to ask, who are you waiting for,"

"My sister."

"I- I don't think she's coming," the person replied gently.

"I know"

"What are you doing then?"  

"I can't leave,"

And it was true. Nico couldn't physically move. His mind wouldn't let him. He knew staying out here wasn't doing him any good but he couldn't He just couldn't.

The stranger seemed to understand this as he moved closer to provide comfort to the young boy.

"Well then, I'll stay here as well,"

"What's your name?"

"Ethan"

A/N

AND SO IT BEGINS
THE MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

Well actually the moment i've been waiting for! Let me tell you this chapter was so hard to write but then suddenly I was on a roll.

To all those thinking it was Will (I know there's a few out there) soooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but no. (im solangelo fan as well but i gotta give the kid misery)

Also rule: NO SHIPPING
Ethan and Nico are strictly platonic.
THEY ARE BROTHERS (at least they will be)

Fun fact: I've already written two chapters in advance!

Does that mean updates could be faster.

Yes

Will they?

No

I'm gonna be posting ch7 only after i've finished ch9 
And ch8 only after i've finished ch10

This of course might change because i'm indecisive but i think having chapters already written helps me write new ones. That doesn't make sense but oh well neither does life.

byeeeeee

- Hester