Chapter 2 // Flights

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023

"Flight 416 to San Juan is now boarding," a voice came in through the intercom of the airport terminal where Luna was currently sitting.

Today, many of the superstars and some of the crew members were making their way to Puerto Rico for Wrestlemania Backlash. Luna was one of the crew members that was expected to arrive early and she would be assigned to specific jobs for PR. She was not complaining, Puerto Rico had always been one of the places she wanted to travel to the most. She grew up on her grandmother's stories of the island; having the chance to experience some of those stories is a dream come true.

Grasping the backpack that contained everything she needed to do her job, Luna got up from her seat and made her way to the line containing other passengers who had begun to board. The excitement was evident in her behavior as she all but ran to get in line, the floor feeling like clouds beneath her feet. Any feelings of worry she may have had about flying were overshadowed by her excitement. Within seconds of joining the line, it began to move as people were allowed to board the plane.

As Luna waited for her ticket to be scanned, her mind began to race thinking of the potential assignments she could receive. For her, pay-per-views would typically consist of her attending PR events, live shows, red-carpet events, or whatever the company needed her to do at that moment. The company hasn't given her any inclination of what she would be doing but she knew she was at least going to be present for Smackdown on Friday. She just hoped that whatever she was assigned would be something she was capable of capturing.

"Ticket, please," a flight attendant's voice broke Luna from her thoughts, a slightly annoyed look displayed on her face.

"Sorry," Luna mumbled sheepishly as she handed over her boarding pass to be scanned, her cheeks filling with warmth at the exchange.

The flight attendant handed Luna her boarding pass back but didn't react as she thanked her.

Who shit in her cereal?

Deciding to ignore the flight attendant's behavior and not let it ruin her mood, Luna made her way onto the plane, her excitement creeping up once more. Once she found her seat, she quickly placed her bag in the overhead carrier and sat down in her seat which happened to be the one next to the window. Mentally celebrating, Luna quickly sat down and placed her carry-on bag on the seat next to her. She clasped the seatbelt around her waist before opening her carry-on bag to grab her headphones and neck pillow. After retrieving the items, she closed her bag, placed it under her seat, and leaned her chair back just a bit. The next five hours were about to be spent in the air and she was trying to get as comfortable as possible without being obnoxious.

As the plane continued to fill up, Luna quickly sent her last texts before she would be disconnected from the world. As she did this, she didn't realize someone was about to sit in the aisle seat in her row until a black bag was dropped in the middle seat.

From the corner of her eyes, she noticed tattooed arms and black clothing. She felt a small smirk tug at her lips as her eyes scanned over the tattoos, her mind thanking the gods for placing her in a seat with two views. Curiosity getting the best of her, she took a peek at the person's face and she swore her heart could have stopped from the shock and fear that filled her when realizing who the person was.

Damian.

Literally what the fuck.

She mentally cursed to herself as she quickly turned her head away to face the window, hoping and praying he missed her checking out his tattoos just a few moments ago. However, as he sat in the seat, she realized that interacting with him would be inevitable. Hell, she was stuck next to him for the next five hours.