Chapter 27: The room gives a fishy smell

An'rou's eyes went over to the small frail girl sitting in the dark cold corner of the room. Just like opposite contrasts, everyone was merry and the room was warm. But none of the cheerful noise reflected on them. In this pale white skinned girl, An'rou saw another dark skinny girl years ago laying on the snowy ground. Her eyes held little light, An'rou's heart held no emotion even when this girl feel familiar with her.

"When will it be time?" Shen Jue leaned over to An'rou as he spoke in a low voice.
No response.
"You dragged me here but you refused to tell your plan. You think I am here to waste at this impoverished occasion. Even in mortal world, do you know how popular I am ? Do you... "

" Shen Jue, you are more chatty nowadays. Do you want poisonous needles stuck in your body all over for you to keep quiet? ". An'rou spoke telepathically without looking at him while looking at Song Qiuyue's dance with no emotion.

Shen Jue's senses heightened up and withdraws.
" You are becoming less human. Hmph".

People will think she is older or powerful than me. No one will know that she is a small devil that acts like my grandaunt.

An'rou turned and glanced at Shen Jue sharply with a grim look.

Did she just heard what I said? I am in trouble! My precious fair body!!

Shen Jue held himself tight as he shifted away from An'rou.

What is she going to do now? This woman ...
Shen Jue goes silent as Song Qiuyue's dance takes a leg up spin looking like a swan..
Her dance wows the audience making them go silent.
Finally, the music and the dance stops. Noble cheers sounded across the room from the guests.

" Nice!"

"Great great!"

"Good!!! "

Song Qiuyue bows gracefully as she returns to her seat.

Guests go to Shen Jue asking for a toast. Some of them he refused but important ones he accepted. One of them actually noticed An'rou motionless. As a businessman, he had the hindsight of knowing a woman dressed in man's clothes. Plus, An'rou purposely made herself a little revealed as a lady in men's clothing. The business man named Wu Jianghao said to Shen Jue,
" Shen Jue, is this lady beside you your mistress or slave?"
An'rou looked up and away for a second giving a crooked smile under her veil.
He was dressed in expensive clothing looked fat with a pot belly and had a thin moustache giving a dirty flirty look.

" She is.. she is my assistant in the business. Yes, yes, my assistant".

Shen Jue fanned himself so quickly feeling he was in a boiling hot oil.

He leaned over and telepathically said

I beg if you just this time. I know I owe this time.

" But.... Aiya , Shen daren, assistant, maid or slave is still the same thing. All are lowly tools made to work for us. But, I kinda of like this maid's vibe. Tough, I like it. Why don't you sell her to me?"

Shen Jue who was having a cup of wine spat it out aggressively out of shock.

" What!. No, Wu Laoban. This maid... No.. no.. I mean assistant is very important to me. Also, she is very tough to handle. You can't handle her. That will be stressing you."

" Don't say it, Shen daren. I have handled worse people like her. It will not be that diffcult to tame her. Is it true? What do you say a girl do you want to follow me and become one of my mistresses?" . Wu Jianghao licked his lips in a disgusting way, then he opened his golden teeth .

An'rou as usual kept quiet ignoring him.
A servant beside Wu Jianghao shouted at An'rou,
" Our boss is talking to you. How can a trash like you be so rude to him? "
" Goubao, stay back. My dignified self is magnanimous enough to override her imperfections. Girl, what do you say? Chen is more than enough to take of you. "

His loud voice amidst the boisterous occasion started to gather little attention from one side of the room.
Fortunately, the host and other important guests on the upper side were not alarmed.

An'rou was still not bothered by his talking.
Annoyed, Wu Jianghao licked his lips.
" I have had enough patience with you. Just because you are Shen daren's. I will consider forgiving.But you can apologize to let bygones be bygones and raise up your veil. "
" Yes, you must apologize . By bowing down. Our daren has really taken a liking to you. No one has ever been treated this way. "
Song Xueyi , already getting bored starts to get up.
An'rou narrows her eyes at her, waiting for the perfect moment but already getting irritated because of this unnecessary drama.
So she quickly spoke in another language to Shen Jue,
" Where did you get acquainted with pigs that has the stench of slums? Also, I think you need to tell the servants to add more incense. The room gives a strong fishy smell ".
Shen Jue chuckled covering his mouth with his fan.

Wu Jianghao immediately felt embrassed.