Five

The next morning, Asher woke up early, feeling better than he had in days. He bounded out of bed and dressed for the day. He was feeling happy and positive - he had made up his mind that he was going to stand up for himself and reach for the things he wanted.

He got to school early and saw Keith in the hallway. He was wearing a new top and He looked cute. He managed to get up the courage to ask him if he wanted to hang out after school. His stomach was in knots, but he kept on going - and to his surprise, he said yes!

Asher couldn't believe it - his first real date was going to happen! He was so excited - he couldn't wait. He wasn't sure what to do or where to go, but Keith suggested they go see a movie at the local cinema.

All day, Asher couldn't focus on anything - he was too busy thinking about what was going to happen. When the final bell rang, he eagerly raced to meet Keith.

When they got there, they chose the movie they wanted to watch and then grabbed some snacks. For the next couple of hours, they laughed and talked and had a great time. Asher couldn't believe how lucky he was - he finally felt like a real teenager!

That evening, when he got home, he thought about how much Keith meant to him. He realized that by taking a chance and reaching for what he wanted, he had opened up a world of possibilities. He felt happy and content - this was the beginning of a beautiful boy's blossom.