Chapter 10: A Mission (Part Two)

"Congrats you have your daddy's powers, what do you want? A medal? He's not worth anything, guess you two really are alike." A blank stare spreads across my face. I point to her wrist that I just healed. "What do you want? Just go away brat." I nod and walk away, or I go to at least.

"Hey, don't be so hard on her." A male's voice that instantly echoes throughout my head sending anxious and dangerous signals to my brain and in return screaming at my muscles to run. "She's just trying to help." I turn my head to look at his disgusting face.

"Oh yeah? Then how about you take her somewhere out of my sights, I hate how much she looks like him." She says gesturing us to leave her alone. He chuckles before turning around and grabbing my hand.

"Alright, c'mon darling let's leave mommy alone." I nod but, in my head, I'm screaming 'no, don't do it, it's a trap, he's going to hurt us', but my body doesn't listen and as he leads me to that room my heartbeat sped up so fast, I could hear it echoing in my head giving me such a headache. My adrenalin is rushing through my body making it feel like I'm walking on air. As my nerves shot up my body started to react with a cold sweat sending shivers up my spine.

I sit up breathing heavily, my adrenaline woke me.

"Well, good morning." I look over at Helbram and he looks rather startled, guess I scared him. "Having a good dream?" There's plenty of obvious sarcasm in his voice. I shake my head trying to reset my brain.

"Morning..." I mumble trying to steady my breathing.

"Seems like a good dream." He stands up and stretches. "Well, best get started." I nod slowly as I get up. "Here." He throws some kind of cloth at me.

"What's this for?" I mumble straightening it out to see that it's a dress, instantly making my face go red. It's so short, too short I don't like it, it shows too much.

"To make it easier for you to get information obviously."  

"No

"No." I look at him like he's insane, which he probably is but still.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Hendrickson would crucify you if he knew you tried to get me to wear this." He shrugs. "Not to mention in a BAR full of drunk perverted men." He sighs.

"Wear it or don't wear it, I don't really care. I'm going to go patrol while you gather intel." And with that he walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. I sigh looking down at it... Pondering for a few moments before getting up and tossing it on the bed.

"Hell no." I get into my normal outfit that King made me and head down to the tavern. There's already a few drunks there. I sigh getting ready for an annoyingly long day. Best get some breakfast first. I head to the bar and order some food.

"Well good morning beautiful what may I get you?" A guy I haven't seen before is working behind it.

"Fruits, doesn't matter what type just a lot of them." He laughs at my minimal description of what I want.