Chapter 11: Well, That Went Well

"Y/n? You awake yet?" A soft familiar sounding voice that normally isn't so soft sounding interrupts my dream, was there a dream? I already forgot it if there was. I slowly open my eyes, my back badly acing. "Well, it's about time." It's the fairy? No, no... That's Helbram right? I have a confused expression as I look up at the bleeding green-haired-cute-looking fairy only for me to notice I'm lying in his lap, but I feel too weak to move.

"Hel...Bram?" I question confirming my suspicions. He nods.

"Y-yeah, it's me." He sighs looking up away from me, I follow his gaze to see the group, only two people remaining; the giant and the mage.

"Well good morning m'lady, glad to see your finally awake." His stupid voice, why does he remind me of him? It's giving me anxiety now, it's like everything is blurring together. Wait, why isn't Helbram fighting? I look back at him to notice his weak expression and I look to the side, and I see why he isn't fighting anymore, he can't.

This is my first-time seeing fairy wings, and they are so badly torn up and not even on the fairy they belong to anymore... It pisses me off. I clinched my jaw.

"H-how dare you!"

"Hm? Something wrong m'lady?" I sit up and Helbram shakes his head, but he freezes. Once I look at him, his eyes widen. My pain went away or maybe it's just adrenaline again. I get up and turn towards the mage.

"Which one of you did it?" I can't help but to think of King, if he finally got his wings and this happened to him? I'd lose my mind if I didn't........

"Hey, calm down beautiful, your eyes are red." He seems nervous suddenly. Well, he seemed nervous shortly, because the next second he didn't have a head anymore and a giant gash formed across the giant's chest ending at his throat. They both fall, with a simple raise of my blade. I turn towards Helbram whose expression is somehow the most shocked one I've ever seen.

"Here." I mumble crouching down beside him. I gently pick up his wings, placing them back onto his back as I heal him. Once I'm down he spreads them, and a smile crosses his face.

"Well, aren't you something interesting?" He placed his hand on my head and almost as if it was his fault, I fainted again.

(Time Skip brought to you by a random background character during the Vaziel Fighting Festival)

It hurts, my back, it hurts really badly. I open my eyes and try to sit up, but it just hurts, not to mention a second later a hand lightly pushes me back down.

"Careful, you're going to hurt yourself worse than you already are." I turn my head to see that green haired fairy again, or I guess Helbram's true form?

"What?" I mumble.

"Your back, you got carless and were struck down and now I'm going to have to hear about it from Hendrickson when we get back." He huffs, obviously very annoyed. "Not to mention my link was severed when the cancel was done so he's probably annoyed about that too." Actually, I think he's anxious.

"Can you not use your powers yet?" He tilts his head towards me.

"I can but I'm tired. Not to mention I'd have to be there to reset up my link, so it doesn't matter." He huffs and crosses his arms leaning back on a chair he has pulled up next to the bed.

"If you're worried about Hendrickson getting mad at you because I'm hurt, you can use your link and I can give you my healing ability." He pauses for a minute before nodding as he stands up.

"You've got a point." He sighs and holds his hand out. I gently sit up making sure not to hurt myself in the process. A glowing purple-ish crystal orb forms in front his hand, he visibly looks tired. "Let's get this over with." He mumbles looking over at me.