The Truth

Chapter 11: The Truth

A/N: This is totally a fictional chapter. I request you, don't tie this with real life incidents.

"Katherine... Well" he pauses as he looks down at his coffee mug, swirling it around. "She is the most beautiful girl I've ever met" Elena smiles softly listening to him carefully.

"We met in college. I've this huge crush on her since the day I laid my eyes on her. I wasn't like you know.. I mean, I was a very shy guy. You should know by now" Stefan says tilting his head at Elena. Elena rolls her eyes, smiling.

"Klaus the guy your friend's dating, he encouraged me to ask her out and I did. She agreed and one thing led to another. After graduation we got married" Stefan says looking straight as he remembers those amazing time he had shared with Katherine Salvatore. Pierce.

Elena gets sad as she sees how much he's lost. How much he consumes his pain into him. He was really in love with her or maybe deep down he still is.

Elena brings her hand to stroke his arm softly. Stefan shakes his head as his eyes fall on her hand. "What happened then?" She encourages him to speak.

Stefan up his eyebrows, licks his lip.
"We got busy. I thrown myself at work to build a career. She also got busy as a fashion designer but yet we had love but after a long time I wanted to have children. We were passed 35" Stefan says remembering that time when he told Katherine but the way she reacted... It destroyed him.

"Firstly she faked that she couldn't get pregnant. She was 35 back then and she told me that she had health issues so... I wanted her in my life more than our baby" Stefan says sipping his coffee.

Elena stands silent beside him. "But turns out that's a lie. She was pregnant twice and she killed both of our children" Stefan says bitterly. His tone is aggressive. He clutches his jaw as he holds the mug tightly.

Elena notices. Before he could do something crazy, Elena tenses up and grabs the mug. "Why don't I take this" she says softly taking it from Stefan.

Stefan notices. He gets scared because probably he's scarring her the way he's reacting. "I'm sorry" he apologizes. Elena nods her head "It's okay" she understands giving him an approval face.

Stefan smiles awkwardly. "We've been in a toxic marriage since 10 years. I tried... I tried so hard Elena" he says now turning on his left to face Elena. He's trying to convince her but more to himself actually because it is the truth.

"But she just didn't want me. She came home late. She partied, passed out god knows where, with whom. I just couldn't" he says sadly looking at his feet.

Elena breaks the silence "You both could give each other divorce like the way normal people does. What led people to believe that you abused Katherine physically?" She asks in confused. He sounds genuine. Their relationship couldn't stay longer. The way he's telling, the divorce seems mutual.

Stefan takes a deep breath. "I caught her in our bed with my brother" he says not moving his face but his eyes fall on her. Her mouth is widely open as she couldn't believe. "Whaattttt?" She reacts in shock. That's so disgusting. "I came back home late that night and I found them. I lose my temper. I took a fight with my brother and accidentally hit Kathrine. She took no time filming the whole thing while I was busy trashing my room out of anger. The video was used against me in the court as evidence and that's how I got the title "an abusive husband, the wife beater". He says smiling but hiding the pain.

"How could he do that? He's your brother." She says as her hand is against her forehead. "I know I wasn't perfect. I'm toxic and problematic but the world isn't ready for me to be found innocent." He says.

Elena presses her forehead "No, you should have fought against it, Stefan. Why didn't you do something about it? You took the blame for something you didn't do. You're innocent. No person deserves to be treated like this, Stefan. I can't believe.. God!" She says as paces around.

"Hey" he says stopping her worried pacing around. "It's okay. I'm fine. Just let go" he says making a sad face. Elena just looks at him sternly. She has no idea why she's acting like that. He's no one to her but the way she's showing care for him, it's something. Maybe because she was betrayed, cheated. She also went through similar situations like him.

"I'll prove you innocent. I'll. I promise" she says by bringing his hands together to give him hope. Stefan chuckles without sound. "I appreciate that Elena. And I'm sorry the way this media is harassing you" he truly means it. Elena shakes her head no. "Don't worry about it. I'm over it." She acts like mature in this situation.

She feels how close she's with him. Holding hands, faces are few inches away, warm breathes wiggling each other's face. The grandfather clock loud sound brings both of them back in reality. Elena sadly lets go off her hands with him. "I... Have to go" she says fixing her bag on her shoulder.

"Ow" he says nodding, sadly. "Okay... Ummm..." He rolls his lip. "Take care, Elena" he says giving an approval face. Elena smiles as she starts walking slowly.

"Hey, Elena" he says. Elena turns back seeing him his hand are already shoving into his pants. He looks so sexy when he does that. He shrugs his shoulder "You want to hang out sometimes?" he tenses up while asking. She's probably going to reject him but as her mouth opens that surprises him.

"Sure" she says smiling widely as she waves at him bye. Stefan smiles, watches her walking away.

He looks outside to see Elena's on the main door. He stands there until he can't see her anymore. Elena gets outside. She has a mission. She has to bring Katherine's true identity infront of the world. Stefan doesn't deserve the treat he's getting from people.

Elena, my hero.

Next chapters will be more amazing. I promise.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.