eighteen: father and son moment

𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗬 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟳
————————————————————

Chris mostly stood apart from the party, he talked to Bea's brothers or to Scott every now and then, but mostly he just stood there and looked at Bea when she wasn't looking.

He couldn't get Asher's words out of his mind that he was the only one who could change her mind before she agrees to marry him and ruin her life forever. "Is the seat next to you still free?" He looks up to see his boy with a cup of coke in one hand and a bowl of crisps in his other one.

"Of course," Theo then sat down next to his father and offers him the bowl of crisps. "How's the birthday so far, are you having fun?"

"It's cool, especially because of the camera you gave me. Thanks again."

"No problem," Chris still was nervous, he was after all talking to his son. He couldn't afford to make a mistake to make him hate Chris, because if then goodbye chance with Bea, "Can I ask you something?" Theo asked, making Chris more nervous than before, "What's up Buddy?"

"Why did you break up with her?" he asked putting Chris into an uncomfortable position, he didn't know what he should said.

"It was the biggest mistake I make, I wasn't thinking straight and I was young and dump." He admitted to his son. "But do you still love Ma?"

"Where does that thought come from?" Chris asked,
"My Mother always says you were meant to be but not to last. But I could see it on her as well as on your face that you guys are madly in love with each other."

"Theo, I-" this boy knew what he was doing, "I'm just saying even though she thinks Kian is the one and I don't really know the history between all this, I see that my mother doesn't look at him the way she looks at you."

"Your mother needs time to forgive my mistakes, and if she decides Kian is the one, we both need to respect that." Chris said trying not to make Kian look bad, since he doesn't know the relationship between them. "I could see on your face that you didn't knew you had me when we first met, right?" Shit, why now? Why not with Bea by his side. "Your mother was protecting you-"

"From you? Are you dangerous?" he asked dramatic knowing exactly what he's doing, but Chris fast shakes his head. "No No, your mother was protecting you from the stress, I was a very busy man and your mother knew that, that's why she move to Ireland to keep the stress from you."

"But do you still love her?" He asked, and it scared him how much a 15 year old could talk like that.

"I do, more than everything. I also love her because she gave me you, Buddy." He teased Theo, who laughed.

"Are you coming to Ireland with us?" Chris shakes his head, "Um no, my life is here in Boston while yours and Bea is in Ireland. I'm going back to New York soon to shoot a new film. But I travel a lot so maybe I'll come to Ireland one day."

"Can you take me with you when you go to New York?" he then asked with his big puppy eyes, "You have school and I don't think your mom is that big of a fan of you being on the other side of the world away from her.""

"I like you much more than Kian." He said, making Chris frown. "He isn't a nice guy, at the beginning he sure was but that changed. He doesn't treat my Ma right, and don't get me started how he is treating me. He sometimes said that he wished I was never born and never going to be a part of the new family he plans with Ma. So yeah I hope he makes mistakes and Ma leaves him for you, you and Ma have a lot more connections." These words hurts him, but questions him why Theo never said anything to his mother. "I'm sorry that he says these things, I promise you never got to hear something like that ever again. You're my family, my son and I'm so proud of you, that you took care of not only yourself but also of your mother." He said, to say he doesn't feel less nervous would be a lie.

"Thank you, you know you're her soulmate, everyone says that even Asher mentioned it sometimes, what a perfect couple you guys were." Memories coming back, all the dates they had. "Can you trying to ask Ma for a weekend with you in New York? I really want to go with you."

"I will try, but your mother is very careful when it comes to you."

"I know, but I don't want to go back to Ireland with Kian, I want to stay with you."

"I will see what I can do, but for now enjoy your birthday," he said, before he heard the laugh he fell in love with. His eyes went back to the owner, who laughed at jokes from Shana, which Theo noticed.

"She missed you a lot, pops always said that. He also said that you engraved yourself in Ma's heart and that's why it's hard for her to hate you." he said, when he saw how Chris couldn't leave his eyes of her. But as soon as Theo said these words his eyes were on him again, "I missed her a lot too, are you have something else on your mind? You seem off, buddy." He noticed fast that Theo wants to say something but is pushing it back.

"I um, Do you hate to be my Dad?" He asked and Chris answered fast, with his hand on Theo's shoulder to give him comfort. "No, I could never. I'm happy to have you as my boy." Chris said, and now it's hit him really. In front of him is his son, something Bea and he did together. He is a Dad, of a wonderful boy who's raised right.

"Can you maybe convince my mother for a new phone, since ya'know we're cool." He said smiling, making Chris laugh. "Go back to enjoy your birthday, Theo." Chris said and Theo began to leave but chooses to stop, he goes back to Chris and hugs him. "Thank you for being my Dad." He said and Chris was shocked at first but hugged him back. "Thank you for letting me."

What they didn't knew was that Bea watched the two, tearing by the view. She was talking to Shana at the BBQ when she saw Theo sitting with Chris and how they were laughing and then the hug. It was something she never thought she would see.

————————————————————