Chapter Three

Astrea searches for her phone on her night stand. If she's been gone all night, Tanera and Kirome were probably calling her relentlessly. When she doesn't see her phone, she jumps out of bed and starts flipping her comforter around, something small falling out of the blanket. She quickly grabs her phone as soon as she can and sees all the missed calls and text messages on the screen. She instantly presses to call Tanera, a crying sister answering the call on the other side.

"Astrea, is that you?" She asks. "Where have you been? You disappeared all night!"

Okay, she may not know how she ended up in her bed, but it sounds like if she was gone all night, then she really did take a short field trip with the sun goddess in her woods. However there's no sign of her pink outfit or the Lightblade on her.

"I am so sorry!" Astrea finally replies. "It's kind of hard to explain..."

With the phone, Astrea leaves her room and looks around the apartment, finding it empty.

"Wait, where are you?" She asks. "Where's Kirome?"

"She and I are in the governing district with my mother," Tanera explains. "When we tried to locate your phone, it said you were home but you weren't there. So I took Kirome with me last night to the governing district and we've been coordinating with the SJC ever since to try to find you."

"I am so sorry," Astrea repeats. "I ran out of the apartment last night without my phone. Apparently my bed ate it again..."

"But why did you run out so suddenly?" Tanera asks. "Kirome said you were getting the two of you some drinks, and then you just vanished."

Astrea pauses. It was Amaterasu that led her out of the apartment last night, but should she tell her sister that? She loves her sister, and Kirome too, but she doesn't fully understand what's going on with what happened last night. Amaterasu didn't specifically tell Astrea to keep it a secret, but she knew if she told her sister, then she would probably be forbidden from using her new powers again.

"I had a panic attack in the living room on my way to the kitchen," Astrea tells her. "I felt trapped inside the apartment, so without thinking, I rushed outside to try to calm down. It was there I ran into Kyle Smogus who somehow knew I failed getting into the SJC, so he started harassing me again and telling me it would be better for me to marry him and crap like that. That made my panic attack worse so I ended up wandering around the city all night, until I somehow managed to make my way back to the apartment. I don't remember you guys being here when I got home, and I was so tired, I didn't think to call and text before I collapsed on my bed. I am so sorry..."

Partial truth, partial lie. It hopefully will work for now.

"Well I would say something about how irresponsible you were to leave the apartment so suddenly and without your phone, but we are just so happy you are safe and sound," Tanera replies. "And for young Mr. Smogus, I am going to talk to Mother about his harassment towards you. This is seriously out of hand, especially for someone in his station."

"I appreciate it," Astrea says.

"Kirome is begging for us to go back so she can hug you, so I will be hanging up," Tanera says. "Just stay there and get some rest until we get there, and promise you won't leave the apartment till then, alright?"

"I won't, I promise," Astrea tells her.

"I love you, baby sister," Tanera says.

"Love you too."