How HCD was created

Ok

Ok. So for those who just read HCD and not any of my other fanfics, HCD is a spinoff series of one of my main series on Wattpad, the II Kindergarten Series.

And one of the plots the II Kindergarten Series was with MePhone. It's established that he's living in Lightbulbs treehouse for the first book. And it goes deep into his backstory on why he left his home. Why is he not living with Cobs. And later on when LB's parents found him, they decided to keep him as a foster child. And later on they keep MePad too. And that was one of the main plots I loved when writing in the II Kindergarten Series.

The thing is though I didn't write much of his plot for the rest of the series. He learned about Christmas in II Kindergarten Christmas. He was a side character for both II Kindergarten Valentine's and Battle of the Bands.

Which made me feel like I didn't do much with his arc besides tell his backstory on why he was there. So around March 2021, when I made Let's Host a Murder Mystery, I eventually thought of how the hosts knew each other and how they basically met each other before they got to the dinner. And that's when I thought of HCD.

And I thought making this series would be fun not only to show some of the hosts interactions when they first met, but just because I wanted to continue more of MePhone's arc and how much the trauma he has gotten affected him and show how the people around him made him feel so much better than he was beforr

And originally HCD wasn't going to be a story where you have multiple stories with a couple of seasons. It was just mainly going to be about MePhone going to camp. And will basically have the same arc similar to the one in HCD. And everyone there were just going to be side characters.

Which eventually I did explain more about MePhones past in II Kindergarten Truths and also established in II Kindergarten Ending on the reason why MePhone is going to camp in the first place since the ending shows why he decided to go.

So around September 2022, I kind of distance myself from the contestants and actually focused on the host. Thinking of certain backstories. What made them the way they are. Which made me think HCD will still be one long story, but similar to how I wrote IIKS. But them on December 2022, I got into a little ship which is now a main part of HCD. Thought more about each of the hosts and now I have a full set of stories for some of the hosts to make seasonal Fics instead of normal chapter book Fics.

And that's how HCD was born. Trust me, there were a lot of things I was gonna do with HCD, some are there, and some are cut off. Which that'll be a story for another day if anyone is interested in why I decided to do certain plots in the series.

But you'll have to ask yourself.