A Prose To A Woman With A Wounded Heart

Woman,

How are you? You look so sad again. Even though you smile, your eyes have this sparkle of sorrow that I could clearly see. You're thinking of him again? Well, I'm not surprised. I know how much you loved, cared and fought for him. You thought he was the right guy, your knight-in-shining-armor, your hero, your prince. You gave him your heart, your soul, and every bit of yourself because you were deeply in love with his sweet promises, his warm kisses, and his handsome smile. He made you feel loved and treasured. You were included in his plans and dreams and, together, you carefully laid them out and put the puzzle pieces of love, happiness, and ecstasy in place. He was your world and you were his.

Now, Woman, what happened? Here you are, alone and wounded. Your face is pale and gloomy. Your heart and its hope is torn. Where is he now? Where are his promises? Oh, there he is! On another woman's lap he is making another set of promises, building another world, and playing another jigsaw puzzle.

Go ahead and cry. Shout. Let the pain in your heart burst out. But honestly, you are still lucky. At least you were saved from the guy who won't do you any good. You see, you don't deserve him because you deserve someone else who knows your real worth. So cheer up, comb your hair, put on a lovely smile. Somebody out there is waiting for you, somebody who will not treat you like a tissue that he will just dump after use, someone who will treat you as his life, his joy, and the fulfillment of his dream. He is just out there. You'll never know, he's on his way to the door of your heart.

Love is good. Love is bad. But, Woman, always remember that love is still love. Love may have caused you a wounded heart but in the end, love will still be the one to heal and make it alive and beating again.