Chapter 1: Willpower

Several years have passed since solar flares caused unprecedented climate change. Hundreds of millions of souls drowned in cries of despair, crying and death; limitless desolation and a world practically devastated. Those who once determined our leaders became mere puppets of the wealthiest classes or succumbed to the power of the large mega-corporations that made lies their way of life and false promises of a "paradise" as their way of life. . Crazy, isn't it? These people worked and invested their fortunes in their personal leisure, luxuries, companies, etc., and now they are the puppeteers who pass sentences on who deserves or not to live in their "New Order".

These corporations only brought misery to the already battered humanity. The threats of extinction became latent with the events after climate change, and that is that a lethal virus threatened the millions of inhabitants who were left standing, and in society, and who survived the first "Armageddon".

But let's go in parts, the act of dissolution of the United Nations was signed several months after the alterations of the solar cycles; promoted by Japan, South Africa and the United States of New England, causing the second "Armageddon", and it is that this caused the end of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, causing injustices, immoral actions, terror and crime spread across the Earth like wildfire. It's heavy, right? Well, this is only the beginning because, when talking about human rights, it can be noted that, in their ambition to generate even greater benefit in a world that was falling apart, corporations carried out experimental processes with human beings, all in the name of of science and progress, or rather: his science and his conception of "progress".

But that was never so. Everything was based on a false idea of freedom and a more prosperous world, yes, all with the sole desire to control and tame the population, well, who would resist a promise of an "Eden" in a world in pieces? Well, there was, a year after the solar events, a group of dissidence against large corporations arose, a group of insurgents opposed to genetic mutation and who championed the ideal of freedom. These events would be known as "Factionalism", the process of dividing the world into various blocks. WICKED rose up throughout northeastern North America, the British Isles, Oceania, and various strongholds in Southeast Asia, while its counterweight, the Umbrella Corporation, fought across Japan, Korea, South China, South Africa, and Europe.

Obviously both corporations had their interests, often in conflict, but they used to collaborate to avoid dissent. With the passage of time, this dissidence was organized in "The Right Arm", a collaboration organization of the dissidents, and classified as terrorist by both corporations. However, both corporations ended up conspiring to overthrow each other and, as usual, innocent people would end up paying the consequences, as the third Armageddon broke out, a global pandemic that aimed to end the overpopulation of the planet. The disease turned the carriers into a kind of "living dead", deprived them of all conceptions related to emotions and lodged in the brain, causing deterioration of the cerebral membranes related to consciousness and...

"Commander EL.9.1.14, focus on the mission," a robotic voice replied from a loudspeaker.

I came back from my thoughts, startled and sighing:

"Right, the mission, the fucking mission, those 'little, minuscule field jobs' that Umbrella assigns us to, quite often, just so we can do the hard work for them and their executives never have to get their hands dirty," I thought out loud, as if talking to myself.
We were on a corporation aircraft, whose destination was to infiltrate WICKED to monitor their targets and carry out some sabotage and terrorism actions, yes, something routine for Umbrella's elite units. While I was immersed in my thoughts, I looked at my companions, I looked at the insignia of the suits, which were made of a carbon fiber alloy with a mixture of aluminum and mercury that made them very resistant and malleable, they were quite comfortable for what they looked like. We also carried a sword in a holster hanging on our back, two pistols in the side holsters, ammunition cartridges and some explosives, as well as helmets with night vision visors and a communicator watch, that was where all the information regarding to ongoing missions.