I'm Watching You

Xiao Zhan stood up in front of the bakery with bicycle beside him. His hands were holding the handle bars while his eyes looking up at the solid black sky. Then his gaze went down to the droplets that falling repeatedly from the edge of the extended roof of the shops along the pavement. The place seemed to be empty as it nearly midnight. Suddenly he regretted for rejecting Zhuo Cheng's offer who wanted to drop him home by his car.

Xiao Zhan didn't own the car. He didn't know how to drive professionally. He knew the basic of driving, but he never dare to have a car. Not because he couldn't afford it. He just feels safer if he's riding on the safe side.

He took a glance on his wrist watch. It's already 11.20 pm. Most of the shops had closed since 10 pm and the employees had gone home. His shop itself closed since 9 pm, but he was having a few cups of drink with Zhuo Cheng before they heading home. Zhuo Cheng left the shop after 10 and offered Zhan to drive him home instead of riding his bicycle which declined by Zhan. He said the weather was fine and he wanted to have a late night ride.

"I think it's going to rain, Zhan...!" Zhuo Cheng reminded him after he checking on the sky outside.

"I don't think so," declined Zhan. "The forecast said it won't rain although a little cloudy....! And I can't leave my bicycle here, anyways!

"Up to you. But you better go home quickly before the weather tells otherwise...!" Said Zhuo Cheng. "I want to go home now!" He got up from his chair.

"Oh... Fine," replied Zhan.

"Ain't you going home,.too?" Asked Zhuo Cheng when he saw Zhan didn't move from his seat.

"I need to do some work first in the shop before I go home...!" Said Zhan.

"Tch!" Zhuo Cheng clicked his tongue. "You better go home faster. Don't catch the rain later!" He said.

"Aliya! If you wanna go home now, just go! I'll be alright!" Said Zhan,.pushing Zhuo Cheng on his waist.

"Hey! I worry if you can't go home later, Zhan! At least in my car you won't drenched!" Scowled Zhuo Cheng.

"Ok! Ok! I'll be here for 15 more minutes and I'll he going home after that. Okay?"

"You sure, ya? 15 more minutes?"

"Ya, ya! Just go! Asshole....!" Zhan giggled.

Zhuo Cheng was a noisy and naggy person, but Zhan knows that he 's a caring friend. He knew him since they're in high school and befriend since then 'till now.

Zhuo Cheng left Zhan in the shop reluctantly but he couldn't force himself to drag Zhan out of the shop and bring him home, too. After he's driving, he's still checking on his best friend who still in the shop and honks him, expecting if Zhan will change his mind and get a lift in his car to go home. But Zhan only waved his hand from inside the shop with the dim light since most of the lights had switched off.

Zhan heaved a sigh when he recalling the conversation with Zhuo Cheng earlier. He promised Zhuo Cheng he'd heading home after 15 minutes, but it turned out he spent his time in front of the computer checking on the administration for more than an hour.

CLUNG!

The sound of a metal dropped and rolled over on the floor could be heard from his right side, where the last shop located. From the sound it should be a metal bar.

Zhan snapped his head to look at the source of the sound. The condition of the shop located in the corner of the pavement was all blackout. But the street lamps reached the wall along the corridor and the glass of the shop. And Zhan found no one there.

Zhan sharpened his gaze to the location. He even pulled his hand back that begging under the rain drops. His eyes caught a glimpse of a metal bar as a size as his bicycle 's handle bar rolling on the floor.