Chapter 3

Tobias POV
"No PDA pansycakes!" A croak comes from behind me. I break away from Tris and look to Uriah. His eyes are open, and he's smiling!
"Uriah!" Zeke yells as he leaps on to Uriah's bed. After a few moments, Uriah's heart rate goes down and Zeke immediately releases him.
"Uriah?!" I ask. Uriah cracks a smile,
"Didn't think I'd let go that easy, did you?" He asks, "Ol' Zekie was just squeezing me too tight!" We all look at Zeke, who's face is scarlet red. A slight "sorry" escapes Zeke's lips. De ja vu from this morning, I run out the door to find a doctor. I eventually bump into a doctor whose name tag reads, Sawyer.
"Sawyer! Can you help me? My friend just woke up from a coma and we want to know how soon he can leave!" I say, out of breath. Sawyer nods, and gestures for me to lead the way. I bring him back to room 108. He opens the door and goes quickly to Uriah's side. He checks a few things, then looks up at me in surprise.
"I had expected the patient to be much weaker, but he looks completely normal, as though nothing happened!" Sawyer exclaims.
"So how long until we can take him out?" Tris inquires.
"Well, seeing that it is 9:30 at night, I would see it fit to keep him the rest of the night. You can come and retrieve him around 10:00 tomorrow, Ms. Prior." Sawyer finishes. Tris looks shocked.
"How do you know my name?" Tris asks, alarmed.
Sawyer chuckles, "Dear Tris, everyone knows about you, and your amazing recovery." With that, Sawyer leaves the room.
"You pansycakes up for a game of Candor Dauntless tomorrow?" Uriah asks eagerly. I look at Tris' excited expression and agree, along with everyone else except Mrs. Pedrad. Zeke tells everyone he's going to get Shauna. Only after Zeke leaves do I realize how utterly exhausted I am. I stumble over to a chair and black out.