Chapter 2

Tris POV
As soon as I walk out of the bathroom, Tobias stretches his hand out to me. I smile and take it gladly. After a few moments like this, Tobias speaks up.
"Hey! How about we go visit Uriah!" He suggests. Zeke gives a ghost of a smile and nods. Tobias, Christina, And I are following Zeke to Uriah's room. Zeke just seems to depressed, I guess he has a good reason, though. He stops at room 108 and pauses. After a few moments I ask if this is it. He nods and opens the door.
I'm not sure if I was ready when Zeke opened the door, now I'm positive I wasn't ready. Uriah could be sleeping, aside from the fact that he has tubes and wires sticking out of him from almost every angle. Mrs. Pedrad is holding Uriah's hand. Her face is tear stricken along with her eyes. She looks at us and her eyes land on me and harden immensely.
"Why is she here, Zeke?" Mrs. Pedrad growls sharply. I flinch and tear my eyes off of Mrs. Pedrad's. Zeke kneels by his mother and whispers some things into her ear and steps back. Her expression doesn't soften, but she nods. I continue to stare at Uriah. I suddenly start sobbing. Tobias wraps his arms around me, rubbing my back, whispering things like "It's going to be ok." Tobias pulls back and stares intensely into my eyes. Without warning, his lips crash onto mine, and I deepen it. After a few moments like this, a croak comes from behind us.
"No PDA Pansycakes!" I turn and look at Zeke who I presume is trying to be funny, but instead of returning my glare, he's staring at Uriah.