chapter three: palace law

❝oh, carolina creeks running through my veins, lost, I was born; lonesome, I came lonesome I'll always stay carolina knows why for years I roam, free as these birds, light as whispers, carolina knows❞

oh, carolina creeks running through my veins, lost, I was born; lonesome, I came lonesome I'll always stay carolina knows why for years I roam, free as these birds, light as whispers, carolina knows❞

❝oh, carolina creeks running through my veins, lost, I was born; lonesome, I came lonesome I'll always stay carolina knows why for years I roam, free as these birds, light as whispers, carolina knows❞

❃゜・。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。・゜❃

CHAPTER THREE: PALACE LAW

❃゜・。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。・゜❃

WORD COUNT: 4977K

Louis

The first night in the castle was daunting to say the least, if I didn't know better, I'd say that the Styles' main castle was haunted in the presence of an enemy attempting to sleep soundly inside of their walls. Like there were guarded knights in metal clad armor who came alive at the scent of my blood, at the waft of my air, the caution of the eerie feeling that hangs in the air, and the surface pressure in my lungs.

At least, at first that was what I was trying to do. Initially I intended to render myself unconscious to make the hours in this horrid place speed by like seconds, and then I began to get restless. My mind began playing tricks on me, first it was the maids whispering about my appearance in the castle, and then it was worrying if the lamps would flicker out, but could I be fearful?! Here?! I, Louis William Tomlinson of Lorxix could not be fearful of some old rickety castle past it's prime... but then I heard a knock at the door.

And at first, my eyes squinted, because who in the Elles' kingdom would want to see me? Surely to attempt to kill me in my sleep to hush the rumors like a raging candles light, and swiftly blow it out before it had the chance to spread and burn someone. But, then again, why would they knock? That was an odd and brimming question that was swimming around my brain. But no, this presence, this lingering was all too candescent for my liking, all too warm and welcoming despite the cold, odd gesture.