Chapter 2

Four baffled and panicked gazes focused on a raven haired swordsman as he rushed by them with his aura clad sword. Of them, the brunette had been desperately trying to confirm the fate of her coworker who had helped her survive. Did he also get across the bridge? Or did those horrendous monsters end up killing him before he could find a way over? Unfortunately, there was a barrier blocking her view of the ruined bridge. One which prevented them from even going back to assist him. At least that's what they thought. Until a random stranger ran past them. As he was about to make contact with this glowing obstruction, a multicolored light flowed out from and enveloped him.

[Blessing of Protection has activated a passive ability.]

[Ability: Holy Guard has been activated.]

Gasps escaped the woman's lips as the single lifer charged right through the boundary. How was that possible? Was there really a way to override the rules of these supposed games?

[00:03:58]

A wave of black aura launched towards the regressor causing him to side step out of its way.

[00:03:17]

Instinctively, the tan skinned warrior dressed in black dropped the potential prophet and drew his own weapon. Although he quickly decided not to block the mysterious youth's attacks. Whatever the sword was encased in would easily cut through his own blade. All he would be able to do was dodge in this situation. Which is what he did prior to launching a kick at the single lifer.

[00:02:01]

To his amazement, the swordmaster blocked it without even flinching in pain. How did his attack not even faze this punk? Just who was he?

[00:01:34]

Taking advantage of the brief opening which had been created, the abnormal teen struck the regressor hard with the flat of his weapon. Black irises became round orbs when the older man was thrown backwards. His back crashing into stone rubble temporarily distorting his senses.

[Hidden Scenario- Who Is Stronger has been cleared.]

[You have gained 200,000 coins from the regular clear reward.]

[Channel usage fee has been voided.]

[You have received the Night's Edge (Rank A).]

Immediately, a surge of blinding gold light came from in front of the single lifer. After several seconds, it dispersed to reveal a gorgeous onyx sword which radiated darkness. Unfamiliar ornate silver text was carved into the length of its blade. Taking a moment to swing it in the air, the young swordsman couldn't help admiring the reward he had received.

"Who-"

Before the regressor could finish his question, a creature with white fur approximately the size of a soccer ball. Two small horns sat atop its head. For those who had survived the massacre on the subway, this existence was a massive source of nightmares.

"How dare you?!"

With a contorted expression of hatred on his face, the dokkaebi streamer continued to shout.

"For a mortal to disrupt the scenario! Do you know just what you've done?!"

"Is that a monster, Papa?"

(Dokkaebi are nature spirits who possess extraordinary powers and abilities which prove useful during their interactions with humans.)

<Spirits? Why have I never met one before?>

(They don't normally show themselves in the mortal worlds. Most have been recruited by the Star Stream in order to entertain the residents of the ethereal realm.)