Chapter three: Color of you

-CK" Amity had unintentionally let out a screech so loud and high pitched that she was surprised the mirror didn't shatter like her mind had. What was the cause of such a reaction? Well its simple, when amity went to dye her hair the usual green it instead came out as an abomination purple sludge. It was most likely the work of her twin siblings, Edric and Emira, although that was not truly what worried her so much. It was instead that until the goop had settled on her head it was just a shade gray. Again it may seem small but it wasn't just the goop that was gray, everything that wasn't an article of clothing or accessory was gray. The colorful bottles on the sink counter were gray, the golden rim of the mirror was gray, the towels which were usually purple and pink were instead gray and gray.

Amity was now panicking, "oh no oh shit, did i wake mom and dad up, what about Ed and Em AND WHY IS EVERYTHING GRAY!". Amity was terrified and confused, something that she didn't think was possible after last night. She ran into the hallway that connected her room, the room Ed and Em shared, the stairs leading to the main room, and of course the bathroom that she had run out of. She quickly went to her room and saw Luz sitting in front of the window across from the door, her head in her knees like she was crying, or sleeping, both things Amity doubted Luz could do anymore.

Luz let out a hushed, tired, and somber "I tried to warn ya." Luz seemed to be taking it harder than amity was. Most of the anger Amity had faded away when she saw Luz mostly because she felt bad for her, but also because she could still see the colors of Luz. Luz finally lifted her head and looked at the witch.

"Don't worry, you didn't wake anyone up, they're all out... somewhere." Luz kept the same depressing tone as before.

"Luz," Amity was now speaking much softer and kinder than she had ever spoken before, "what happened, why is everything gray?"

Luz gave a shrug before speaking, this time it was clear she was verbally holding back tears, "i guess it's something to do with being a ghost, or i guess in your case being haunted."

Amity saw as translucent tears ran down a translucent face that was now looking away from her. The gre- no purp- no, abomination haired witch stepped forwards into the room shutting the door behind her. Amity was thinking of the right words to use and thought she finally found them.

"We won't have to worry about this after we find your killer, Luz"

Amity saw what seemed like a look of fear on Luz's face. Amity went closer to Luz and sat down next to her before asking a question she was trying not to.

"Is there anything after... you know?" As soon as Amity spoke she regretted it. But Luz gave a surprising answer.

"Yeah. I saw my dad. And my old pet toad, and tarantula." Luz let out a soft chuckle and the fear that was on her face was replaced with a look of longing. There were several questions in Amity's head, "who was luz's dad, whats a toad?". Amity was about to ask at least one of the questions but then the door flung open and she heard a familiar voice.

"Amity, why are you on the floor, and what happened to your hair?" It was a voice that grated on Amity's mind more than nails on a chalkboard.

"It's nothing mother, I made a mistake." Amity was now looking down at her feet, a pose very similar to Luz's except that she was resting her chin on her knees whereas Luz was covering her eyes with them.

"You seem to make a lot of those. Go fix your hair." With that the woman left the room.

"I thought you said I didn't wake anyone up." Amity spoke while holding her tears.

"I did, how do you know you woke her up?" For some reason the way Luz spoke was upbeat, and for some reason it made Amity happier.

"I can't believe I'm going to see only the colors of you forever." Amity spoke in a joking tone even letting out a slight laugh. Now both of the girls were smiling. All of a sudden a lot more comfortable with their current predicament. Although Luz couldn't help but feel... conflicted with what amity had said. EIther way, Luz was certainly cheered up.

Luz brushed some of her hair behind her ear as it was getting into her eyes. After she did so she suddenly got a look of confusion from the witch seated beside her.

"Your ears... you're a human?" Amity said, staring intensely at Luz's ears. It was at that moment that she realized that the witch hadn't noticed before. It made sense there were more urgent things to focus on at the time. Luz had just thought of something funny to say to Amity in response to the realization but before she could say anything a voice called out.

"Amity, Did You Do Your Hair Yet"'

"You should probably-"

"Y-yeah"