chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ethans POV

I groaned as I heard a knock on my door meaning I should get up. Thankfully it was Sunday which means I had no school, and I could be lazy all day. Another knock came and I groaned as I went to open it. To my surprise, Lucifer was there. My hair was a mess and I saw him looking me up and down trying not to laugh.

"Oh, shut up" I mumbled.

"Sorry" he said with a small chuckle.

"Anyways you wanna get food?" he asked.

I just nodded in response. He then left and I went to get ready.

I chose some jeans and a hoodie. I then fixed up my hair cause it looked like a rat's nest.

"You ready?" I heard him say.

"Yeah '' I said as I walked out and headed to the front door.

He then told me we were going to a good coffee place he found. To be honest, not a big fan of coffee but it's fine he told me there's other drinks as well.

"Uhm lucifer how are you supposed to protect me if we have school tomorrow?" I asked as we continued to walk.

"I switched classes and most classes I'm with you, plus just pretend I'm your friend or something so no one is suspicious." he said, keeping his head straight ahead.

I just nodded in response as we continued to walk. We reached the coffee place and took our order. I just got a hot chocolate, and he got a basic coffee.

"You don't like coffee?" he asked.

I shook my head and he just nodded. I suddenly got texts from Bella asking if we could hangout today. To be honest Sundays are like my lazy days, but of course she is my friend, so I said yeah.

"Can we hang out with Bella later today?" I asked.

"Sure," he responded.

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

As we finished our drink, we left the cafe heading back home to change and get ready.

"Do you know where Bella wants to meet up?" Lucifer asks.

"Yeah, she said she was at the park near the library." he just nodded and continued walking.

As we reached home, I went straight to my room. I then spent the rest of the day waiting until it was noon so I could hang out with her. After a few hours I got a text from Bella saying Luke is now coming with us.

"Ethan, we should leave now!" I heard Lucifer yell.

"Ok!" I yelled back as I went down the stairs.

He was wearing a zip up hoodie with some jeans.

"Lucifer, do you know where my mom is? I haven't seen her since yesterday.'' I asked.

"Yeah, she went out for the day, but I think she'll be back by tomorrow." he said as I nodded.

We made our way to the car, and he started driving to the park. As we arrived, I stepped out and spotted Bella with Luke. As soon as she saw me she ran towards me hugging me tightly.

"Hey bell," I said with a smile.

"Hey! Oh, hey lucifer!" she said to both of us.

"Where's Luke?" I asked.

"He's always late, remember?" she said laughing.

I started laughing with her. We found ourselves a table and started talking until I saw jasper. God why does that guy have to be everywhere I go?

"Ethan, you ok?" Bella asked, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Oh, look there's Luke, "I said as I spotted him leaving his car.

Bella ran straight towards him probably to yell at him for being late. They both started walking over to us.

"Hey Ethan, oh hey Lucifer," he said.

"Hey" I said with a smile.

Lucifer just nodded.

We then sat down and started talking until jasper. Oh my god i hate him so much. Started walking over. He had his friends with him, and he whispered something to them before walking towards me. All three of them were too busy talking to notice him walking towards me.

"Ima go to the bathroom real quick" I said as I got up to leave the table.

They just nodded and went back to talking. As I went to go to the bathroom, I saw Jasper and his friends following me. I'm fucked.

I quickly jogged into the bathroom. I heard someone enter the bathroom, I had no time to see who it was. I thought the person who was there had left so I exited the stall to see Jasper and his friends.

"J-jasper" I managed to stutter out.

"Looks like your babysitter isn't here to 'protect' you" he laughs.

He then dragged me by the collar to the wall and threw me onto the floor. He starts beating me up throwing punches to my already bruised stomach, arms, and legs. After a while he finally stopped and left the bathroom leaving me a bloody bruised mess.

Lucifers POV

Ethan is taking a while..

"Hey guys Ima go check on Ethan he's been gone for a while" I said to Luke and Bella.

They both nodded. As I went to check up on him, I heard someone laughing. I recognized the voice to be the guy Ethan and I bumped into yesterday. I ignored him and went into the bathroom just to find Ethan on the floor all bruised and bloody.

"Ethan!?" I yelled out as I rushed to his side.

"Lucifer?" he spoke softly.

"What happened?" I demand to know.

"Nothin-" he said but I cut him out.

"Don't lie to me." I said as he sat up.

He looked away.

"Show me your stomach" I said thankfully he agreed.

His stomach had cuts and bruises all over. Then I noticed his shirt was all bloody and he couldn't walk out like that.

I took my hoodie off for him to wear and hide the blood until we got home.

"Wear this" I said as I handed him my hoodie.

He just nodded.

"Wait, what about my friends?" he mumbled, clutching his stomach.

"I'll tell them we are leaving, go to the car and wait. Here are the keys." I said, giving him the keys.