Chapter Four : The New Dawn

Three Years Later

Jose Wandered The Frontier, Eventually Landing In Coronado City. A Twenty-Six-Year-Old Jose Williams Arrived At The Border And Went Through The Security Measures Before He Entered The City. 

The Ex-Army Mercenary Rode To A Saloon Called The Northern Cantina And Dismounted His Horse Before He Walked Inside And Sat At The Bar And Ordered A Drink. 

Jose Was Wearing A Brown Blackgrove Coat, Brown Martindale Pants, A Deep Red Denim Vest, Dark Grey Blackburn Boots With Gold Emblems On The Sides, And A Black Woven Pistol Gun Belt. 

He Ordered A Drink Before A Man In His Thirties Walked Over To Jose And Sat By The Former Army-Man. The Man Said "You Solo?" 

Jose Said "I Am. I Suppose Your The Man I'm Supposed To Meet?" The Man Said "Yes. My Organization Received Your Telegram. They Know Of Your Skills. A Man Like You Would Be A Fine Addition To Our Ranks. So Long As You Don't Double Cross Us, We're All Good." 

The Ex-Army Mercenary Said "Understood." The Man Said "Come With Me." Jose Followed The Man Out Of The Saloon And Down An Alley Before Going Down A Set Of Stairs Before The Pair Arrived At A Door With A Peephole. 

The Peephole Opened As The Man Behind The Door Said "¿Traes Al Recluta?" The Man Said "Yes." Suddenly The Peephole Was Covered And The Door Opened As The Pair Walked Into The Mercenary Base. 

Jose Looked At The Setup As He And His Guide Arrived At A Large Room With A Table And A Map In The Center. An Elderly Man With A Cane Looked At Jose And Said "This The Man You Wanted, Jarol?" 

Jarol Said "Yes. He's Skilled And Tough-Minded, But Also Intelligent, He'll Make A Fine Man." The Elderly Man Said "Okay. Good Work, There's A Few Jobs I Need Done, The Two Of You Can Handle It, I Want To See What Jose Is Capable Of Before We Key Him In On Our Big Project." 

The Mercenary Said "Okay, We'll Leave Right Away." Jose And Jarol Left The Mercenary Base And Mounted Their Horses Before They Rode To The Coronado Docks. 

Along The Ride, Jose Said "So What Are We Doing?" Jarol Said "We're Going To The Docks To Go See About An Opportunity I Heard About, Alone It's Impossible, But The Two Of Us Should Do Just Fine. A Few Months Ago, I Heard About This Small Shop Down By The Docks Running An Illicit Gold Smuggling Operation. We'll Go In, Force The Owner To Tell Us Where The Gold Is, And Walk Right Out Before Anyone Knows What Happened." 

Jose Said "Okay, Sounds Simple Enough." Jarol Said "I'll Find Out Where The Gold Is, You Keep Guard, Make Sure No One Finds Out What We're Doing." 

The Ex-Army Mercenary Said "Okay." When The Two Arrived At The Shop, The Pair Dismounted Their Horses And Walked Over To The Shop. Jarol Walked In While Jose Stood Guard. 

Jose Could Hear A Commotion Going On Inside, From The Sound Of It, Jarol Was Interrogating The Shop Owner. 

A Few Minutes Passed Before Jarol Walked Out And Said "It's Not Here...Ride With Me, We're Making Another Stop." Jose Said "Okay." 

The Pair Mounted Their Horses And Rode To The Train Station. Along The Ride, Jarol Said "So The Gold Was Moved Last Week, The Clerk At The Train Station Is In On Their Little Operation." 

Jose Said "Are We Gonna Be Able To Beat It Out Of Him Like The Other Guy?" Jarol Said "Unfortunately No. We're Gonna Have To Bribe Him...Hoping He's Crooked Enough To Double Cross His Friends." Jose Said "Okay. What Am I Doing?" 

As Jarol Said "You'll Stand A Fair Distance Away, I Need You To Scope Out The Train Station And Tell Me What You Find." Jose Said "Okay." 

Once The Duo Arrived At The Train Station, Jose Walked Across The Street As Jarol Went Inside And Spoke To The Clerk. 

While Jose Scoped Out The Station, Jarol Convinced The Clerk To Reveal The Location Of The Gold. 

Once The Ex-Army Mercenary Finished His Observations, Jarol Left The Train Station And Walked Over To Jose Before He Said "The Gold Is Being Kept In A Discreet Location, This Man, Riley Ryans, He's In Possession Of A Map That Will Tell Us Where The Gold Is." 

Jose Said "Okay. I'm Assuming We're Beating It Out Of Him?" Jarol Said "Yes. Riley Ryans Is A Coward, According To The Clerk." 

The Pair Arrived At A Small House Before They Dismounted And Barged In As Riley Ryans Said "Who Are You?! What The Hell?" Jose Punched Riley In The Jaw As The Man Collapsed To The Floor. 

Jose Searched Riley's Pockets And Found The Map All Folded Up. He Handed The Map To Jarol As The Mercenary Looked At It And Said "Perfect, Good Work, Let's Go." 

The Two Mercenaries Left The House Before They Mounted Their Horses And Rode To A Crossroads. As They Arrived At The Crossroads, They Dismounted Their Horses And Looked Around. 

The Ex-Army Man Said "Hey, Look Over There. Patch Of Dirt, Could Be Where The Gold's At." Jarol Said "Let's Check It Out." Jose And Jarol Grabbed A Shovel Near The Patch Of Dirt And Jarol Began Digging. 

Once All The Digging Was Done, Jose And Jarol Pulled Out A Chest And Opened It. Jose Said "A Good Day's Work For A Good Day's Pay, Don't You Think?" Jarol Said "Yeah, The Boss'll Be Happy. Let's Head Load This On Our Saddle Bags And Head Back." 

Back At The Mercenary Base, Jose And Jarol Came In With Their Heavy Saddle Bags As They Set Them Down At The Table And Revealed All Their Loot. 

The Boss Walked Over And Said "Good Work, Here Are Your Cuts." Jose And Jarol Received One Gold Bar Each As The Rest Are Split Among The Rest Of The Guild. 

The Elderly Man Said "Jose, Your Room Is Ready. Back Tunnel To The Left." Jose Said "Oh, Thanks..." The Former Army-Man Then Walked To His Room And Got Some Rest. 

                                                                 A Few Days Later

Jarol Knocked On Jose's Door As The Mercenary Recruit Opened His Door. Jose Got Out Of Bed And Opened The Door Before He Said "Yeah?" Jarol Said "Come On, I Got Another Job I Need Your Help With." 

Jose Said "Okay." As Jose And Jarol Walked Out Of The Mercenary Base, Jarol Said "There's A Banking Coach That Comes Around This Way Every Few Months, It's Always A Good Take, This One's Got Some Army Payroll So The Pay Should Be Beautiful." 

The Ex-Army Mercenary Said "Okay. We Got A Strategical Plan Or Are We Just Going Loud And Dumb?" Jarol Said "Loud And Dumb." The Two Arrived At A Small Overpass As They Saw The Banking Coach Start To Approach. 

Jarol Said ""Okay, Remember...We Go In Strong, Overwhelm Them With Your Marksmanship, When All The Men Are Dealt With, We Collect What's In The Lock Boxes And Or The Coach. We Can Keep The Coach, The Boss Wants Us To Have One Of These For The Big Job." 

Jose Said "Okay, What Is The Big Job Anyway?" Jarol Said "You'll Learn Soon, But You Need Some Groundwork Done Before We Can Let You In On The Big Stuff." 

A Moment Of Silence Passed Before Jose Said "Ah, You Wanna Get A Feel For Me Before You Throw Me A Big Job...I Got It." Jarol Said "It's A Good Way To Give You Some Experience On Being A Mercenary And Make Us Some Money Getting These Jobs Done." 

The Ex-Army Man Said "So Does Everyone Have Their Own Solo Operations?" Jarol Said "Yeah, The Boss Likes Everyone To Find Their Own Work While He Works On Big Projects That Bring In Tons Of Money. He's A Smart Man With A Good Amount Of Trust In His Men. He Gives Us Purpose When None Of Us Have It." As The Stagecoach Came Closer, Jarol Unholstered His Gun As Jose Unholstered His Mauser Pistol. 

Jarol And Jose Began Their Assault As The Guards Fired At The Pair. Jose And Jarol Shot All The Guards As The Stagecoach Came To A Stop. Jarol And Jose Dismounted Their Horses And Searched The Stagecoach. 

The Pair Looted $150,000 Dollars From The Stagecoach And A Few Other Valuables As Well As A Valuable Compass. Jarol Said "Here Jose, A Gift...From Me To You." 

Jose Took The Compass And Said "Oh, Thanks." Jose And Jarol Mounted Their Horses And Rode Back Home. Jose And Jarol Received A Cut Of $10,000 Dollars From The Banking Coach Job When It Was Split Among The Other Mercenaries.