Chapter 3

EMMA

---------

Once Mathew had gone, Emma got up and began meandering through the house at a leisurely pace, not making any extra effort in being silent as Kyphor could sleep through a thunderstorm. She really felt sorry for him. Ever since his wife, Mira, was burned due to an accusation of witchcraft one time when he was away, he had changed majorly. He rarely joked about these days and kept himself busy with his crops. No matter how hard Emma and Mathew tried to convince him that it wasn't his fault, he would just say "yeah right" and shuffle away mumbling she would still be here if he had gotten back faster.She pulled Mathews blanket closer to her body, enjoying the warmth it offered. A sudden sound behind her made her jump and turn around...

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding when she noticed it was Kyphor. Her expression changed rapidly though once she saw he held a dagger which were causing his knuckles to go white from gripping it so hard and his eyes were blank. He could have sworn that he had heard something so he strained his ears but struggled to hear anything over the rain which had just begun to pound hard on the weak roof. Flicking his eyes around the room he noticed shadows outside and sighed. True, he had known this a would come, yet he had know idea that it would be this soon.

Giving another sad sigh he grasped Emma's hand... and pushed her out the door, leaving her alone in the foreboding darkness. She was extremely confused a is actions, she was used to being left outside as punishment, but she was unsure as to what she had done wrong. As she pondered what she had done wrong she started wandering around, at least until a shadow moved and she felt a seating pain in her shoulder before...nothing.

MATHEW

-------------

Emma lay on her bed, still and unmoving whilst an unknown man was reaching towards Kyphor, he launched himself towards the man and knocked him away, flinching at the loud crunch his head made when it collided with the wall. Dizzy, he stumbled up and stuck his hands in the air.

"Wait, wait! I'm a doctor! Your father call me to look at Emma and I was just trying to comfort him about her death" he started along gibberish as soon as those last words left his mouth. Mathew swayed unsteadily and his vision became blurred. His eyes shut and he fell on op of Emma, poor Emma HIS Emma. She couldn't be, she just couldn't be gone!

______________________

Sorry bout the tiny chapter, just thought this chapter was necessary. Next chapter will be better.

Plz vote, comment and fan!

Luv u guys.