Chapter 1

(A/N: This chapter is not 100% necessary to read, and it will be very long.)

---
After getting ready, I leave through the front door and breathe in the fresh Spring air. It was a Sunday, so I didn't have much to do.

The cemetery was right in front of the church, so I decide to walk around.

Upon entering the graveyard, it was like the atmosphere completely shifted to be more depressing and grim.

I sit down and scan through the numerous headstones, and my lips drop as I catch sight of some familiar names.

Luna Raito, Zena Xylia-Ava, Yuka Ichika...

I feel a pit in my stomach as I think of my past friends. The friends who I met, and the friends who I witnessed die.

I bury my face in my hands and fight back tears.

...

"Mika???"

The voice of my mother interrupts my train of thought as she peeks through the front door.

"There you are! Good morning!"

Her bright smile wipes away the negative atmosphere and lifts my spirits.

"Ah, good morning mother." I force a light smile and swiftly approach her, "What did you need me for?"

"I was just wondering if you could pick up some produce from the Mobian and Akuma farms, if you're not busy of course!" She explains.

I nod, "Sure! I'll start right away."

Her smile widens and she waves, "Alright then, safe travels!"

I wave back and start making my way to the Mobian house.

---

The Mobian house was the home of my friend, Isabelle, and her big family.

I pass the beach, concert hall, markets and hospital before reaching the main square.

The main square was full of life as always, Tagamians smiling and chatting left right and center. It was a sight that could put a grin on anyone's face.

Turning left and passing the side of the town hall, I take a brief glance at the notice board.

There was a wanted poster for Chloe Ava, my friend who was framed for murder and imprisoned. One of Isabelle's children had freed her and she's now living under their wing. Little people knew of this in order to keep her safe.

I proceed to climb a set of stairs towards Mobian farm.

Once I pass the salon, I finally step foot into the entrance of the farm.

Walking closer to the house, I pass rabbits, pigs, cows, sheep, horses, chickens and various delicious crops before I finally reach the front door of the house and knock.

knock knock knock

The door immediately swings open and I'm faced with the beaming smile of Isabelle Anna Mobian.

"Good morning Mika!! It's great to see you!"

I awkwardly smirk in reply, "Good morning, Izzy."

"Come on in!" She giggles and escorts me into her home.

I step through the entrance to be welcomed by a cozy warmth that no other home could pull off. The Mobian family really was unique, and everyone loved them.

Isabelle's family were gathered in the living room, some sitting in the kitchen. They all wore welcoming grins on their faces as soon as I walked in.

The first person to speak was Isabelle's wife, Grace, as she stood up and shook my hand.