Chapter 4

The two of us carefully enter Hall C, which is covered in blood splatters as usual. Despite the slightly eerie atmosphere, everything seemed surprisingly normal.

We begin to slowly walk down the hall, trying to avoid our footsteps from making too much noise.

I let out a sigh of relief as we manage to make it to the Data Room in one piece.

Once we enter the room and shut the door, Isabelle smirks and puts her hands on her hips in triumph.

"We did it!" She turns to look at me with eyes glimmering in excitement, "I have no clue why I doubted the amazing Mika Aiko!!"

I chuckle at her flattering pep talk.

Then, I snap back into focus. What to do now...

"Hey," Izzy approaches the computers, "Weren't you having a nosey at these bad boys before the meeting with Monika began?"

"That's right." I nod, "I suppose I could carry on from where I left off."

 She nods and moves to another computer, "You go ahead, I'd like to see some things for myself too."

So I start up the computer and begin to have a browse. My cursor hovers ominously over the search bar.

What do I type...

Wait a minute.

I start to type on the keyboard "Mika Aiko" and, as I expected, a result with my name pops up and I click it out of curiosity.

Scanning through the basic information, a certain paragraph of text catches my eye.

It explained about how I was brought to Markov after the high ranked member, Kitsune, was sent to invade my former home.

I skipped through to the last sentence, which stated that "the results of this hunt was the death of May Aiko and the successful capture of Mika Aiko."

May Aiko? I've never heard that name before...

I click on the name and once again read through the basic information.

May Aiko was a severely depressed woman who lived in the Aiko estate alone with her daughter, Mika Aiko.

...

As her daughter was the only thing keeping her happy and alive, she sacrificed herself in order to protect Mika when Markov targeted their house.

...

...

The more I read, the shakier my cursor gets...

I move my trembling cursor over to the censored imagine of May, and I click "un-censor".

...

Oh my god...

~~~

She was a gorgeous pale woman with long, messy red hair. She had two dazzling eyes, one an emerald green and the other a ruby red.

Her lips were a glossy red and her breathtaking features were topped off with a beauty mark on her chin.

There's no way this was my mother...I'm not that beautiful...

How could such a pretty woman live such a hard life?

Before I knew it, unstoppable tears were rushing down my cheeks and forming a puddle on the desk.

And when I turned around, Isabelle was doing the exact same thing.

She was pressing her hoodie sleeves against her eyes, desperately trying to keep her tears at bay, but she was failing miserably.

I gently approach her and rest my hand on her shoulder to at least show a bit of comfort.

Displayed on her screen was an image of her own mother, Lilia Mobian.

Fortunately, Isabelle remembered every detail from her past, unlike the rest of us. But sadly it wasn't as pleasant.

Her mother was just as good-looking as mine, again with long hair and stunning eyes.

"S-sorry..." Izzy tries to laugh through the pain as she rapidly wipes the corners of her eyes and regains her famous smile, "Pretend you didn't see that."

"Of course." I smile back.

She scrolls through a list of  her family members, the Mobians. They're possibly one of the biggest families in Tagami history.

The files for her father, Jack Mobian, were corrupted. And for Kitsune Mobian, any other information apart from the stuff I read this morning was locked.

So we decide to check the files of Angela Mobian, a young girl who we were both very familiar with.

Before Isabelle could click the name, the lights suddenly shut off, leaving us swallowed by a pitch black void.

We then get jump-scared by loud, repetitive banging on the door, causing it to rattle restlessly.

Izzy grabs my wrist and takes me behind the furthest bookshelf in the room, "Shhh" she signals me to keep quiet, and I obey.

The banging gets louder and more distressed as time passes, it reminded me of when we first met Angela in the basement of the Town Hall...

CRASH

The door barges open.

I flinch slightly, but manage to keep silent as someone starts running around the room, rampaging.

The sound was horrid, everything was smashing and crashing to the ground, accompanied by the violent footsteps of the anonymous individual.

A minute or two passes and the chaos begins to die down, then the person finally leaves.

Upon their exit, the lights turn back on to reveal the wrecked Data Room.

"Oh gosh..." Isabelle covers her mouth with her hand in horror.

Bookshelves were toppled, tables and chairs were destroyed, books were ripped up...

But worst of all, the computers were smashed to bits, so we couldn't continue our research.

"Dammit..." I sigh in frustration.

Once the two of us manage to step over all the rubble, we exchange nods and head back out into Hall C, as there was no other way to go from here.

The coast seemed clear for now, so perhaps the rampaging person had fled to a further part of the building.

But as soon as I say that, Izzy lets out a startled yelp...

...as she's dragged into Cell One.