VII. CHAPTER SEVEN

.seven.

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ

season one, episode four; summer heat (cont.)

"May I present, The Belly Special!" Belly arrives to the beach with a tray of the pomegranate drink that she was concocting earlier. She sits down in the inflatable unicorn, between Gigi and James.

"Hey, guys! Check out who I found." Jeremiah and Cameron join the group after a few minutes.

Soon enough, Belly gets to the point where she's drunk and trying to play drinking games with everyone, which Rose is more than happy to not be included in. Instead, she watched as she sipped her water.

The group of teens move to the gazebo, and Rosemary notices Belly tuning down the drinking. Though, it doesn't last long. As soon as the boys go off and do their own thing, Belly has another margarita in her hands.

Rose, Nicole, Shayla, Dorothea and Belly all sit together, mostly talking about boys, until Nicole brings up Conrad.

"I don't get Conrad. Its, like, one minute he's all over me, and he stays over, but then we didn't even fuck, right?" Rose eyes Nicole, silently wishing she could leave this conversation.

Dorothea glances to Rose as Nicole keeps talking, "Then, he breaks it off a week ago. He was all over me the morning of, then, we're done!"

Belly nods, "Yeah, he's really hard to read sometimes. Well, all the time."

No he's not, Rose thought to herself. Out of everyone at the summer house, he was probably the easiest for her to read. She doesn't know if it's because he lets her, or because she has some insane ability to read people (the former, probably, as she truly cannot, for the life of her, read most people even if the thought was written on their head in Sharpie), but Rosemary knew he was easy to read.

"Do you guys think he actually liked me?" Rose is snapped out of her thoughts at the question directed to her and Belly, and she shrugs.

Belly glances at Rose and nods, "Yeah, yeah. Totally. He talks about you a lot."

Rose furrows her brows in confusion, because he, in fact, does not talk about Nicole. At all.

"Really?" Nicole questions.

"Mm-hmm!"

Cameron comes over to give Belly a water, and that's when Rosemary tunes out the conversation at hand until Taylor is mentioned.

"Well, Taylor has great taste." Shayla tells Belly, and Rose assumes she's referring to the dress she's wearing.

"Yeah, she does! Oh, you know, you and Taylor are, like, twins! 'Cause you're both mega-fashiony."

Cameron agrees, "Yeah, that's true."

"And you're both baddies! And you both like the same summer boys, which is just—"

"Oh, shit," Dorothea and Rosemary both mumble, glancing at each other then back to Shayla and Belly.

She had heard something about someone kissing someone else's boyfriend at that party, and had told Dorothea about it, but she didn't think it was Taylor who was kissing Shayla's boyfriend, Steven.