II. CHAPTER TWO

.two.

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ

season one, episode one; summer house (cont.)

Steven and Jeremiah laugh at something on the formers phone, Steven eventually showing Rosemary.

Just as she was going to comment on it, Laurel tells her son off, "Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket."

The three teens look up to the mom as Susannah speaks, "It's just, we want to see your beautiful faces. Can dinner be a screen-free zone? You know, like the olden days."

Steven ignore the two and scroll on his phone, and Rosemary watches as Jeremiah grabs his phone and throws it into the screen basket. She blocks out the blonde's cheers as she eats her dinner.

Rosemary blocks out most of the conversations, mostly focused on just eating her dinner so she can swim after, but tunes back in when she hears Steven ask Conrad when he's going to camp.

"Uh, he quit football," Jeremiah answers for him and Rosemary glances at the shocked faces.

"Well," she shrugged to relieve some of the tension, "that just means more Con time for you guys."

"Are you kidding me, man? I'd kill to play college ball." Steven ignores the comment made by the girl next to him and looks between Conrad and Susannah.

"He can always change his mind."

"I'm not gonna change my mind," he sends a grateful look to Rosemary, "I was just gonna sit on the bench all season anyways."

(That's not true.)

(Shut up, Rose.)

"Well, if you're not playing football anymore, what are you gonna do all summer?" Laurel asks.

"Oh, dude!" Stevens face lights up, causing Rosemary to chuckle, "You can work at the club, with me and Jere!"

Conrad scoffs, "Yeah, I'm not working at the club."

"Wait," Rosemary redirects her attention onto her younger best friend, "you guys are working this summer?"

"Yeah, I'm lifeguarding, and Steven's working at the snack shop!" The two boys fist bump, and Rosemary notices Belly's smile drop when they say that.

"Bels," the younger brunette focuses on her sister figure, "it's fine, really. We can still hang all summer. They won't be too busy."

Belly copied Rosemary's near whisper, "I know, it's not that."

Susannah gets up and grabs an envelope, "Oh, Belly, I almost forgot. I have a surprise for you!"

Belly takes the card and opens it, Steven and Rosemary asking questions in the back.

"What's that?"

"Why don't I get one?"

"I wrangled Belly an invitation to be a debutante."

"Oh, never mind, I don't want one," she mumbles.

Rosemary frowns, she knew this isn't something Belly was typically into, and that she'd most likely decline the offer. But, to be honest, if Rosemary had been offered the same thing, she'd decline, too. It's just not her thing.

I'd look killer in one of those dresses, though.

"Is that the thing where the girls wear white dresses and curtesy?"