2| Magnets | Wyatt

Magnet; a person or thing that has a powerful attraction.

When two people meet, they feel a connection between each other, but will this attraction pull them together or apart?
-

One day, I was trailing through my neighborhood. I usually went on walks to clear my mind, especially after long days. I looked down at my feet and counted every step I took on the sidewalk. I only stopped because I heard very loud drumming and singing. I turned my head to look at the house in front of me. It was coming from the garage. I couldn't help but smile. Garage bands seem like a movie myth, I never expected to hear it on my daily walk.

Every day since then, I took a walk just to listen to them play. They were oddly good, especially for something local. I picked up the style of the music. It had alternative elements but was something completely different. It was.. unique.

On this particular day, though, I'd just so happen to see the face behind the drumming. I took my daily walk and noticed I didn't hear any music, but I saw the garage door open. Two boys were inside. They looked similar. Maybe twins? But one of them caught my eye. The singer with a bass in his hand. He had chin length black hair that was messy. He smiled at me and waved. I felt a weird feeling in my chest. I wanted to know him. Before I knew it, I felt my feet moving. I walked up to the garage.

"Um, hey." I smiled a little, awkwardly. "Hey." He would reply while setting up his bass. "I've heard you guys.. You're really good." I shuffled back a little. "Oh." He seemed expressionless, "Well, thank you." His bright smile would return to his face. He was extremely attractive, and seeing him smile made me want to smile, too. He ran his fingers through his black hair. I would wait for him to say something else.

"Well, would you wanna stay and listen?" I nodded slowly, finding a corner of the garage. I sat down on the cold concrete floor. His twin and him exchanged glances. They'd count, "1..2..3..4!" And the music would start up again. It was much louder in the garage. I could feel the vibrations from the drums in my chest. It was much different watching them play than just staring at a garage door listening to music. Everything about their music was so intricate. The rhythms, the lyrics, the overall sound. It was supposed to be different and stand out from all the rest. This could really be a famous band one day.

After hearing them play through 3 or 4 songs, I thanked them and left for dinner. I know my mom would question why my ten minute walk took half an hour, but I wasn't about to hide the truth.
-
Wyatts POV:

After the girl had left, I couldn't stop thinking about her. There was something about her. I couldn't get her out of my head. She was gorgeous. But it wasn't just her looks. She genuinely took an interest in the band. No one up until now had really believed in Fletcher and I, not even our parents.

Setting my bass down, I looked up at Fletcher. "Dude." I said. "Dude." He replied, laughing a little. "There was actually a person..interested in our music. A girl nonetheless."

"You never know. People come together for odd reasons." Fletcher stated, which shocked me. He was the immature one.
-

Me sitting in and listening to the boys' play would become regular. I came over every day. I even met their parents once or twice. It was nice. I made friends who were like me in such a small town. There was only one problem..

I have feelings for Wyatt. I've always felt attracted to him. An outside force was pulling me towards him. But I didn't know if he felt this way, too. How does a boy act when he likes someone, and how would I know? The possibilities were endless, and it only made me want to scream.

I was sitting on a couch in the garage. Since I sat in and listened to them, they added a couch so I didn't have to sit on the concrete floor. I appreciated it. They treated me like I belonged. Today, Fletcher wasn't in the garage. He wasn't feeling good. It was just Wyatt and I. He called me over. "You've watched us, and Fletcher isn't here.. so I thought I'd teach you something." He said. I stood up from the couch and walked over to him. He stood behind me and instructed me on how to hold the bass. He was so close I could feel his breath on my neck. I felt electric shocks throughout my body. Him being so close.. He put the strap of the bass around me so it wouldn't fall off as he taught me how to play a riff for one of his songs. He grabbed my hands. "Okay, you you move your fingers like this." He positioned my fingers in the right positions on the guitar strings. I looked up at him. I knew I wanted him. He stared at me back, and I turned around to face him. Our lips met, and it didn't even feel real. I've dreamed about this moment for months. Everything felt so perfect, and when he pulled away from my lips, something felt like it was missing.
-
(fin.)

a/n: flea is definitely a proud mom abt the two of them rn