Chapter 10: A Storm Sinks the Ash-Star

A/N: Minor content warning, descriptions of a anxiety attack ahead. If that bothers you please do not feel obligated to read this chapter. Thank you :)

================================================================================

Beyond any reasonable hour for anyone who can sleep to be awake, Biura was setting up multiple containers. Inside each was one of the stick figures she had made earlier.

She took a break and looked at the nearby clock.

"You should head to bed." Sable suggested after dropping one of the stick figures in a previously empty container.

"Not half bad idea. I'll check on how off course that child is and head to sleep." Biura stretched and went up the stasis, followed by sable. She reached the room where her cauldron was still boiling over a fire and saw Felix asleep while standing, leaning on the stirring spoon.

"Is he really asleep?" Sable asked upon seeing him. Biura rolled her eyes and walked up to him before picking him up by the collar of his shirt.

"Hwah!" Felix explained as he was picked up.

"Are you trying to set my home on fire?" Biura asked the now awake Impish creature.

"No!" Felix said frantically. Biura only rolled her eyes and dropped him about a foot from the floor. She went over to her spying spell and cast it one more time.

"Burning skies!" She exclaimed. Felix and Sable shared a panicked expression.

"They escaped! And they're almost at Glassop. RAAH!" she swatted away the spell and began pacing around.

"What am I going to do? What am I going to do? I cant have another wasted attempt at takeover, this is too much effort to waste!" Biura had her hands pulling her hair and was thinking.

"Don't just stand there!" Sable suddenly yelled at Felix, "give her room to Brainstorm!"
"Storm!" Biura echoed, with a wicked smile on her face. "That's it!"

Felix was being carried in Sable's claws, holding a dark black jar that occasionally lit up here and there.

"Stars, how much do you weigh?" Sable growled as they went to the empty crows nest of the ship.

"Careful, we're not supposed to shake this storm in a jar!"
"I know that I'm not an idiot!"

They landed in the crows nest and looked at the jar.

"Well? Open it." Sable said.

"Are we sure this is safe? She was really mad when she-"

"Oh just give it here!" Sable tried to snatch it out of Felix's hands, Felix pulled it back.

"You don't have thumbs!"
"Atleast im not a hesitant wim like you!"

"Hey!"

"Shush you're going to wake someone!"

"You're yelling too!"

Back and forth they tugged the jar from one another. Until one of them slipped and the jar crashed to the floor of the crows nest. The storm that was contained inside was released and started to grow, black rolling clouds and strikes of lightning floated past Felix and Sable as they watched helplessly.

"Time to run."

"Yep."

Sable grabbed Felix and started to fly away as the storm grew and grew.

Lidya woke to the sound of Izarra barking, she shot up and looked around. Izarra in her arms and whining frantically. Lidya looked out one of the windows and felt the blood drain from her face. She felt that this had to be a nightmare, and pinched herself in an effort to wake up.