30. Epilogue-Life Goes On...

Chapter 30- Epilogue -
Life Goes On

Five Years Later

"Did you get me the doll?" The small blonde girl with a cherub face stated as she crawled into Yibo's lap. Her sparkling blue eyes danced with excitement. He smiled down at the three and a half year old.

"Yep." Yibo hugged her. "But don't tell Mom. She thinks I spoil you."

"You lub me." The little girl smiled with a gapped tooth smile. "You're my big brudder."

Yibo tickled his little sister causing her to squeal with glee. Eddie glanced up at his stepson playing with his and Carmen's daughter. It shocked the town when a 40 something Carmen Wang married Eddie, the 30 something police deputy, after only six months of dating. However, it shocked them more when they found out the newly wed couple were expecting a child. Carmen thought her days of having children were over. It seemed that God had other plans.

Yibo loved being a big brother to little Yanisa. He adored his little sister as much as she adored him.

Zhan winked at Carmen as Carmen rolled her eyes at Yibo doting on his sister. Carmen patted Zhan's arm.

"You do realize what you are in for?" She then patted Zhan's protruding stomach. "A boy no less."

"Don't remind me." Zhan waddled over to sit down. "He spoils your Yanisa enough. "

The teens had married the year after they graduated. Yibo and Zhan had their ups and downs in the relationship. They even broke up once for a whole two months. Both were miserable. Yanli was the one to convince both of them that they couldn't live without each other. They couldn't even remember why they broke up. It didn't matter anyway. Yibo proposed to Zhan in their old fort. They married two weeks after graduating high school. Yibo got his engineering degree while Zhan worked at Wangxu's as a waitress. Then Yibo worked while Zhan pursued his art career. He was on maternity leave from Cloud Recesses where he taught art.

They were married for 2 and 1/2 years when they were told they were expecting a boy. They decided not to tell the name they had chosen.

"Hey." Yanli's voice echoed across the Wang lawn. "Dad and Mom said to bring over some potato salad and hot dog buns."

"Put them on the table." Carmen pointed to a large picnic table with all the food items. "Is Wen Chao coming? Or did he have to work?"

"He's coming." Yanli walked over to Zhan and placed her hand on Zhan's stomach. "You're huge."

"Thanks." Zhan grimaced. "Don't remind me." They laughed. "You and Wen Chao are next."

"Not for a while." Yanli shook her head. "We've only been married three months. "

Wen Chao came in carrying more food for the picnic. He smiled at his wife standing near Zhan. He couldn't help but to think about his and Yanli's children someday. He figured they'd look more like Yibo's little sister though. Wen Chao was thankful that Kyl cheated on Yanli with another woman. That left Yanli open to explore her feelings for him. They married after a long dating period. Zhan was from Yanli's side and Yibo was best man at their wedding. It was the same at Yibo's and Zhan's wedding.