Chapter 6: Damaged

About 20 minutes passed as Abraham was under the truck, attempting to salvage it. Eugene and Glenn stood there watching him and Rosita and Tara were talking between themselves on the other side of the truck. When Abraham pushed Tara off of him, he left a nasty bruise on her shoulder.

Rosita noticed Tara gripping her shoulder in pain. "I'm sorry about him, I know he can be very-"
"Rough? Yeah I know." Tara says coldly. She can't help it when she's in pain. She didn't want to admit that it hurt since it was only a bruise but Abraham was really fucking strong. Rosita was slightly hurt by Tara's response but she is way too stubborn to leave their new relationship bruised aswell. She grabbed Tara by the sides of her flannel jacket, pulling her in close. This shocked Tara a lot, she looked up at Rosita who was again smiling mischievously. (She definitely knows) thought Tara. They looked at each other for a moment before Rosita slipped her finger under Tara's collar as she took off one side of Tara's flannel jacket, exposing the nasty bruise that was left by Abraham.

"Oh shit!" Rosita reacts to Tara's bruise. "Here let me look"
"Hey it's fine!! It's literally just a bruise nothing crazy.." Tara tried to make up excuses, she didn't know how to feel about Rosita being this close to her. Before Tara even finished her sentence, Rosita was already holding out Tara's arm, gently holding Tara's wrist with her right hand and holding underneath the bruise with her left hand. She noticed Tara's goosebumps as she held her.
"I know he plays rough but Jesus that looks really painful" Rosita says, inspecting Tara's bruise with her two thumbs.
"Yeah well I think it's a different kind of 'rough' that you've experienced with him." Tara says, clearing the tense air a bit.

Rosita burst out laughing. "Did Tara Chambler just make a joke?" Rosita looked at her teasingly, happy that Tara feels comfortable to joke around her. This make Tara fluster as she pulled her bruised arm away from Rosita.
"Yeah, well, you gave me a good opportunity!" Tara says, trying to hide her smile.

"So tell me, how in the holy hell did you possibly kill the truck?" Shouts Abraham from under the truck, talking to Eugene. Tara and Rosita heard and walked over, Tara still pulling her arm through her sleeve.
"A fully amped-up state and an ignorance of rapid-firing weapons.." Eugene says in the most literal response.

Rosita noticed something on the floor, it looked like a Polaroid picture. She bent down and picked it up out of curiosity. It was an image of a woman she didn't know. It was definitely not Abraham's, Rosita knows everything about him. It's not Eugene's, he's barely spoken to a woman in his life. Is it Tara's?
"Is this yours?" Says Rosita as she walks towards Tara. Tara takes the image, she recognised the woman in the picture; it was the daughter of the father the Governor killed. Wait did Rosita think this was hers?
"I think this might be Glenn's?" Says Tara. Glenn heard his name being called. he came over and saw the picture of Maggie sleeping. He took it off of Tara without saying a word. Rosita and Tara look at each other in concern.

"Sorry about your ride." Says Glenn to Abraham. "Hope you guys make it to Washington." Glenn starts to walk away from the truck, off to go find Maggie. Seeing that picture of her filled him with hope. Tara was enjoying Rosita's company (as much as she hated to admit it) but she couldn't leave Glenn. Tara made a decision; she passes the gun that Abraham gave her to Rosita and runs after Glenn. "Wait for me!" She says. Rosita's only known Tara for less than 24 hours but already feels comfortable around her. The truck was fucked so she knew that her, Abraham and Eugene couldn't get far. Rosita begins to follow Tara, sighing. "Well what the hell else are we gonna do?" Rosita says as if she knew Abraham would be confused by her decision.

"Go to Washington. Fix the whole damn world!" Shouts Abraham in response.
"That ways clear, who knows what's north." Says Eugene, pointing towards Glenn. "We'll find another vehicle, we'll go with them until we do."
Abraham looks at Eugene, shocked that he said more than three words. Eugene feels Abraham's gaze on him and responds "trust me, I'm smarter than you."

Eugene and Abraham grab all the gear from the truck (which shockingly wasn't a lot considering they were in an army truck) and set off with the rest of 'team GREAT'.