Chapter 21: Closer

The sun was setting and everyone began setting up camp in the woods. People were chatting amongst themselves.
"Not so fast." Maggie says teasingly as she gives Glenn a kiss, smiling at Tara as to say "Thank you.".
Tara smiled back a bittersweet one. She wanted what they have and she can't help but feel guilty about Maggie's father.

Rick finally takes this moment as his opportunity to talk to Tara about the prison incident.
"You didn't want to be there." He says. "That's why I tried to talk to you."
Tara remembers how Rick pleaded out to her before Hershel died. She wished she had listened, but what difference would it of made.
"Glenn told me you saved his life." Rick says, taking a step forward.
"He saved mine." Tara responds with a smile.
Surprisingly, Rick smiles back and nods. "That's how it works with us, right?"
"Right." Tara gives a half smile. "Hey." She signals her fist towards him, Rick chuckles and gives her a fist bump. "Get something to eat. We'll start back at sunup."
Tara watches as he walks away ands she takes the gun strapped to her shoulder off. She's grateful that he accepts her, no matter what has happened in the past. It's almost as if she feels a little less of that burden on her shoulders.

"Hey you." Rosita say's, approaching Tara from behind.
Tara swivels around in shock, was she listening? "Hey!"
"I'm assuming that went well." Rosita nods in Ricks direction. "You seem... happy." She smiles. Come to think of it, Rosita has never really seen Tara happy. She's normally only stressed from previous burdens or sabotaging herself to please others. It's nice to see her in a different light.
"Yeah it did." Tara smiles brightly with a slight chuckle.

"Take the first step." The words Rosita said at Terminus still resonated with her. Rosita steps forward, closing the gap between each other as she tucks a strand of Tara's hair behind her ear. "C'mon, lets go eat." Rosita says, smiling softly at Tara. But this smile was different, and Tara noticed it.
Tara blushes, standing extremely still, afraid to move and ruin the moment. "y-yeah okay!"
Rosita giggles and makes her way to the rest of the group. "What the hell, why do I feel like this." Rosita thinks as she stares at the ground while she walks, watching her feet take each step.
Tara's still stood in the same spot, still processing what just happened. Eventually she turns back, watching as Rosita walks away.
Tara gasps and covers her mouth as she realizes something. "Why did I want to kiss her?"