Chapter 5

This one is shorter than usual sorry.

For the rest of that day Brooklyn still hadn't gotten her mind off of what her mother had said about her and Riley. She wondered if it was actually true or if her mother was just saying stuff to get in her head based on what she observed in 5 minutes.

It was 9:00pm when they finished and 9:45pm when they got home. The late start to their day resulted in a late finish. Riley had noticed that Brooklyn seemed to be distracted the entire day. Now Brooklyn was normally not the most infatuated with business meetings and all the other stuff but something about this particular distraction seemed off.

"Miss Miller, is everything alright? You've been dozing off the entire day this isn't like you." Riley's voice seemed to have snapped Brooklyn out of whatever daze she was in. "Nothing's wrong Riley. Let's just go over today's notes quickly." That came as a shock to Riley. Brooklyn was never eager to go through the notes from their meetings but Riley went through them anyway.

By the time the discussion was over Brooklyn was already half asleep on her desk, probably going to pass out if she forced herself to stay awake any longer. "Maybe we should start walking to your room Miss." Brooklyn groggily got up and started stumbling her way to her penthouse.

While they were half way there Brooklyn passed out from exhaustion. Luckily Riley caught her in time before she could hit the floor. She sighed heavily before hoisting Brooklyn up onto her back. She walked to Brooklyn's penthouse and typed in the code before carrying Brooklyn to her bedroom and laying her on the bed. 

Repeating the process of changing Brooklyn, Riley's face was red through the entire thing. Although she seen it once and they had basically the same bodies it was still embarrassing even a second time. Once she was finished dealing with Brooklyn, she decided to stay the night. It would be a hassle for her to go to her living area while she was already at Brooklyn's. Besides, it would be easier to wake her up in the morning.

Riley went to Brooklyn's closet and took some pajamas to sleep in for the night. She changed out of her clothes into the more comfortable pajamas before laying down quietly next to Brooklyn. 

As the night progressed slowly, Riley and Brooklyn slowly got more into a cuddling position for a little while before it was broken up. Riley was unsurprisingly the little spoon with Brooklyn being the big spoon.

Brooklyn suddenly jumped awake at the ripe hour of 4 o'clock. She had jumped awake due to a dream she had, which turned out to not be a dream at all. To her right, she saw a peaceful Riley laying next to her, he features looking soft. A pleasant contradiction to her usually stern and stoic face.

After blinking a couple of times and slightly poking the sleeping girl next to her to make sure it wasn't a dream. She displayed a faint smile. "Your secretary definitely likes you." The words had never left her head and as she started to reminisce the moments they shared together and studying Riley's reactions, things started to make more sense.

Maybe her mother was right about Riley liking her. Or maybe she was just being delusional. She couldn't tell between the two. So she decided to ask for help. She took her phone and started messaging Andrea, despite it being 4 in the morning, Andrea replied.

'Sure. I'll help you Miss Romantic.' Brooklyn was never happier, but now she couldn't go back to sleep so she just laid there admiring Riley's beauty.

I know this was shorter than my usual chapters and ended so abruptly and terribly but i  wanted to get something out cause I felt like i was robbing you of a chapter since May

So sorry about that but have this for now