Chapter 1

Brooklyn sat in her chair at the top of her own building. Rolling around in boredom. That was until her secretary came in. "Pardon me, Miss Miller but I have your agenda for the day." Riley groaned in frustration and rolled her eyes as she beckoned Riley to hand her the agenda stuck to the clipboard. After reading over it a couple times she sighed. "Rileyyyyyy do we really have to do all this todayyyyy?" Riley nodded. "But it's so much workkkkk." Brooklyn was all for being responsible but she had a particularly packed schedule today.

"Miss Miller the sooner we get started, the sooner we finish. After you're done for the day we can do whatever you wish." Riley sighed. Her monotonous voice brought Brooklyn back to her senses. "Really?! Thank you!!" Riley sighed once more. "C'mon, let's get started." And she dragged Brooklyn out of her office.

-Timeskip-

They were at their first location, a partnering business. They exited their expensive car and made their way to the meeting room. There they saw a variety of people seated, however, only one of them were important to them. Karl Smith. He was the head of this company and him and Brooklyn's companies had some depth between them. Even before they both became CEOs.

Riley stood behind Brooklyn as always listening to the conversation and taking the required notes. "Brooke, so nice to see you again. Been a while hasn't it?" Karl said with a small smile. "Yes it has been quite a long time, can't say it was necessarily a bad thing though." She said with a little chuckle. 

"Now, onto why you're here in the first place. As you know, our companies have a past with each other. Guessing by the annoyed look on your face I assume you can guess where this conversation is going?"

"I'm not stupid Karl. I already know why you arranged this meeting. However, my answer is still the same. I refuse any sort of deal you propose to me. My company has been doing perfectly fine without your assistance before and it shall stay that way." Karl let out a loud chuckle in response to her statement.

"Ah, how ill mannered of you, refusing my offer before even hearing what it's about. Now kindly listen to what I have to say, then you are free to give your answer. What I was planning on asking you is that, our companies join as one."

Brooklyn was stunned at this proposal. It was surely a new one. Even her secretary who had a poker face most of the time had a shift in her expression before quickly going back to her poker face. Usually Karl only ever asked the same question over and over again, "Let me become the CEO of your company. I'll make it better." Her answer was always a no.

However, he came at her with an odd request, she was shocked. She never thought he was ask for their companies to join. That was so out of character for him. Despite the odd request, her curiosity overcame her and she uttered out, "How are you planning on that to happen?" Everyone at the table had the same question, including Karl's secretary.

"Well my dear Brooke, that's simple. Become my fiancee." His statement shocked everyone in the room. Including Karl's secretary, Devin. She approached him in slight shock and fear. "S-sir you can't be serious right?" He shot her a glare which made her flinch and reword her question. "I-I mean shouldn't you, y'know....not demand her to go along with it? Maybe ask what she thinks?" He shot her another glare and she quickly shut her mouth and didn't say anything else.

"Well Brooke, what do you say? Become my wife and let's join companies." Everyone was still speechless at his demand before someone finally snapped out of it. "Miss Miller. Let's continue on with the next thing on the agenda for today." Brooklyn's secretary, Riley, brought everyone in the room back to reality. "Hold it there Missy, you don't get to end this meeting. You aren't in the position to do so. Plus Brooke still hasn't given her answer."