Chapter 3

Riley got back into the car to see Brooklyn's angry face and she wondered what happened. "Karl called. He arranged a meeting between our companies despite him being aware that today was a free day for me." She couldn't be more pissed. All she wanted was to spend the entire night with Riley since she didn't know when the next time would be.

Riley looked at the frustrated and sad face of her boss and came to a conclusion. "Brooklyn, if you don't mind, why don't I take over the meeting with Karl? You could just stay in your room and relax until I come back." It was surely a shock to Brooklyn. Never in her time of working with Riley had she ever taken the lead in any meetings. She just stood there taking notes for later usage. However, she agreed to it.

When they got back to the office, Karl was already there waiting for them to come back. "Head to your room Miss Miller. I'll be there soon." And she walked towards the meeting room leaving Brooklyn behind. A small blush crept onto Brooklyn's face as she watched Riley storm off into the room. She's never seen Riley like this before but she wasn't complaining at all. Her curiosity led her to follow Riley to the door but not going in the room.

She stood outside listening to the conversation as best she could. "What do you need Karl?" She clearly sounded agitated and rightfully so. She was enjoying her little day off with Brooklyn but of course Karl had to ruin that, who wouldn't be upset?

"What I need is Brooke, not you Missy. I'd appreciate it if you can go get her." Karl was obviously here to talk about something absurd. Why else would he want to talk to Brooke? He could just pass on the message and be gone. "Well Miss Miller doesn't need you. Today is her free day, anything you want to talk to her about you can either tell me, or talk about it in our meeting next week." However Karl wasn't going to back down that quickly.

"The matter is very important. It has to be discussed immediately." He obviously wanted to ask Brooklyn something similar to her marrying him. "Um Mister Smith, maybe we should listen to Miss Golding? I mean there's a reason Miss Miller isn't here today. We can just talk next week or pass on the message." Her voice was very soft but it attracted the necessary attention towards her.

"You can't be serious Devin. Hmph. Fine. Pass on this message, word for word. 'My father is coming to visit our companies in a couple months, make it look like we've engaged and are on the verge of getting married.'  Pass it on. Goodbye." And him and his group left. Riley was in shock. Pretend to be engaged to him? Brooklyn and Karl? The simple thought of it disgusted her to no end. Picturing her boss in a loving relationship with Karl was creepy.

She walked towards the door only to find Brooklyn standing outside, creepily pressed against the wall as if she was some sort of spy. "Uh hi?" Riley blinked a few times trying to process if what she was seeing was actually real. "Hey Riley..."

They walked back to Riley's room to discuss what Karl had said and also to put their new clothes away. "So guessing from where you were earlier, I assume you heard what he said?" Brooklyn sighed and nodded. She really didn't want to even pretend to be his girlfriend let alone his fiancée. Unfortunately she mentally agreed after some mental crying and screaming. They would talk more about it in their meeting next week.

"Gloomy stuff out of the way, let's try on these clothes!" Brooklyn was really excited to see Riley in these clothes specifically. It would be a bright new start for Riley's life, as Brooklyn called it. The first outfit was a dress that stopped at Riley's mid thighs. The material was flowy and soft, comfortable on the skin.

Outfit number two was a crop top and some ripped jeans. "Brooklyn I don't think this one is really necessary for me to wear." Brooklyn disagreed with her though. "But you look absolutely stunning! It fits your body really well!" She wasn't lying but Riley couldn't help but feel embarrassed for some unknown reason. "Thank you.."

Brooklyn chuckled a little before shoving a new set of clothes in Riley's face. "C'mon try these last few on then we can get into some a little more fun." Riley was a little scared for what Brooklyn's idea of fun meant considering what she talked about earlier in the day plus the lingere they bought.

After the seemingly long clothing haul. Riley was finally done being a "model" infront of Brooklyn. "You looked really cute in those last few clothes Riley. I wish I looked as good as you, I'm jealous." Brooklyn's teased with her signature smirk. "Please stop talking. You're more beautiful than me." She retorted with a hue of pink on her face.

"Aww I'm flattered honey." The pet name caught Riley by surprised but she silently wished Brooklyn would call her honey more often. Outside of office hours of course. But she kept her composer.

"Anyways, since we're done with our little fashion show let's have some fun!" Brooklyn exclaimed with glee. Riley was still scared of this talk of "fun" but nonetheless she tried to sound enthusiastic.

Brooklyn went in her closet and came out with some pajamas for them for the night. Two animal onesies. She took the giraffe for herself and gave Riley the penguin one. "Um are you serious?" The thought of her wearing something that silly was incredibly embarrassing. "Yes! You'd look absolutely adorable! Plus I heard from Andrea that you liked penguins so I bought this for you."

"..." Riley had no choice but to accept to wear the penguin onesie. "Fine I'll wear it..." Brooklyn's face lit up at Riley's agreement. "Amazing! Go change!" Riley hesitantly went to change into the onesie while trying to overcome her embarrassment for Brooklyn's happiness.

Once she finished changing and went back to Brooklyn only to find her setting up some sort of karaoke thing. This was definitely going to be a long night for the both of them.

About 2 hours into their little session Riley was starting to lose consciousness as the overwhelming tiredness overtook her being. "Brook maybe we should go to bed. We still have things to do later in the day." Brooklyn still had loads of energy for some reason. "But I'm so energetic! How could I possibly sleep with this much energy!" Even her tone reeked of energy. "Melatonin." Came Riley's monotone response to that.

"Oh c'mon Riley a little longer? Pleaseee?" She made a cute face that would surely make Riley agree to her request. Riley faltered, "Fine. 20 more minutes." And indeed did Riley keep her promise. In the next 20 minutes she shut off everything Brooklyn had and attempted to get her to sleep. 

It was a very hard process to go about but she was eventually successful. She quickly blacked out directly Brooklyn was out for the count.

Heyyyyy, how y'all doingggggg 

Um it's like 1:52 am rn, I seriously have no clue what took me so long to get this chapter published like wtf cmon man.

But uh anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Have a good day/night <3

See you in chapter 4