Chapter 9

Steve couldn't contain his excitement as he went back to his office where Bucky was waiting. "Hey, man. How did it go?" He asked, not looking up from the game he was playing on his phone.

"Oh, Buck." Steve sighed and chuckled. "You have no idea how happy I am."

"Why? What happened?" Bucky asked.

"I am not marrying Sharon." Steve said and fell in his chair.

"Well, congrats, pal. That's good for you." Bucky said.

"Thanks." Steve said.

"Did you tell Y/N yet?" He asked.

"No, but I will. She is in a meeting right now." Steve said as he saw the time on his computer screen.

"Sure." Bucky nodded, "You know I'm very happy too."

"Why?" Steve asked.

"'Cause I won't have to tolerate the Princess as well." Bucky said.

Steve chuckled, "Yeah. She is way too arrogant and self obsessed."

"That she is." Bucky said. "I'm really happy for you."

"Thanks, Buck." Steve smiled at his best friend. "I better get back to work."

👑👑👑

You groaned loudly as you sat back in your chair, "Tired, Y/N?" Your uncle asked.

"Yeah." You said.

"Why don't you go home? Take the rest of the day off." Leonard said.

"No. I can't." You groaned as you sat up, feeling the strain in your muscles, "I have another event coming up." You said.

"Y/N, you're gonna fall if you stand up for another minute. You have assistants. Give them some work to do." Leonard said.

"But-"

"No buts. Go home and get some rest." He said.

You sighed, "Okay."

"I'll walk you out. Come on." Leonard said and walked you down to the parking lot where your car was. He was about to call you a driver when he saw a royal car pulling in.

The car stopped in an empty parking space in front of you. Steve stepped out of the car and smiled at you, "Hey, sweetheart." His smile fell when he saw your tired face. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I -" You began but your Uncle interrupted you.

"No. She is not okay." Leonard said. "She's been working non-stop for two days with barely an hour of sleep on an event." He said.

"You need a break, princess." Steve said.

"I told her that. But she wasn't listening. So, I was about to send her home." Your uncle said.

"How about I drive you home?" Steve suggested, "I came here to tell you some important news and spend some time together."

"That sounds nice." You said.

"That's settled then." Leonard sighed, "Take her home and make sure she doesn't do any work." He said to Steve.

"Yes, Mr. Y/L/N." Steve said.

"Okay." He said, "I'll see you on Monday then?"

"Monday? Why?" You frowned.

"Because you aren't working tomorrow." Leonard said.

"Un-"

"No, Y/N. Get some rest." Leonard said sternly.

"Fine." You sighed defeatedly and sat in Steve's car when he opened the backdoor for you.