I Make My Godly Grandparents Hate Me

Ty and I left the room I woke up in, past Mom, Dad, Grover, Mr. Brunner, and Mr. D as they were playing some sort of card game. I flashed a peace sign at them, as Grover tore off a chunk of metal from a Diet Coke can.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"I have no clue," Ty said. "Survive until we jump forward again." He said.

As we were walking to a destination we didn't know yet. A man was caught in the corner of my eye. Blonde hair, tall, and built, a new scar along his cheek, and dark eyes. He stared daggers at me. Luke something, he came here with Mom.

"It is that freaks problem?" I asked.

"I have no clue. Just ignore him." Ty said.

"I wonder why we haven't heard anything about him. I mean he did come to camp with Annabeth." I said, mad dogging Luke back.

"I don't know." He said quietly. "He doesn't look like a friendly guy."

"I'll fight him," I said, turning quickly to Luke. Ty grabbed my shoulder turning me back on course.

"Let's not do that." He said, holding my arm.

I rolled my eyes, and we kept walking, eventually making it back to Cabin 3. We jumped in and shut the door behind us.

"What do you think comes next?" I asked.

"I remember Mom saying something about Dad not being here long before he got claimed. Maybe we wait till then." Ty said sitting on a bunk.

"Dad said he single-handedly beat the entire team, and Gramps was so impressed he claimed him on the spot," I said.

"I doubt that." Ty scoffed.

"What don't you think Dad could do it?" I asked.

"Now... yes he could. But when he first got to camp, it's likely he was lying hard to you." Ty said.

Heat was starting to rise in my chest and face. A heat only he can build inside of me.

"Nerd." I quipped.

"Fish Brain." Ty rebutted.

"Book face."

"Fish poop."

"Owl butt!"

"Kelp head!"

"Your only friends are books!"

"At least I don't smell like murky disgusting water!"

"You are such a geek!"

"You are smooth-brained!"

"Mama's boy!"

"Daddies girl!"

Anger was building up in my stomach and making it tighten up, the floors and walls started to rumble.

"Woah... hey... Char." Ty said picking his feet up off the floor.

The whole building started to shake harder, waves started to crash against the shore violently.

"I'm sorry!" He squealed then ran out trying to keep himself up straight. He ran out of the door, along with the other cabins disappearing into Athena's cabin.

"What just happened?" Annabeth poked her head in.

The cabin settled down and the tugging in my gut stopped. "He's an idiot!" I snipped.

"Having a boyfriend must be hard. I don't want any." Annabeth said as she walked in.

"I'm pretty sure that's gonna change," I said. "Also...gross! He is not my boyfriend!"

"Who is he to you then? You two seem really close." She asked. I quickly looked out of the doorway to see if the coast was clear. I slammed the door shut and grabbed Annabeth's shoulders.

"I'm going to tell you something. It will make zero sense, but just believe me and don't freak out about it." I eyed her.

"I promise." She said with a scared look.

"Ty and I are...related. Twins actually."

She stared at me like I was some insane person, on the side of the road.

"And I'm also from the future."

The look she was giving me deepened.

"You are a child of Poseidon?" She asked, and I nodded. "And your brother... is a child of Athena?" I nodded again. "Ok." She shrugged.

"What?"

"Athena and Poseidon have always hated each other. But I guess they are still Greek." She shrugged.

"I never thought of that..." I stared at her, as I realized that I am indeed a smooth brain. "Wait you mean... Athena, Poseidon and—"

"And your mortal parent." She nodded.

The ocean just outside started to rumble, and waves started to crash again. I'm sorry Gramps and Granny... but I have to go with it.