THERE IN THE DISAPPEARING LIGHT

   It turned out anger and violence was the only way to quiet the voices in the girls head. Mira's outburst had no only calmed the voices in her head, but Hope's too, even it only last for a few hours. Klaus decided then that if violence was the answer to their problem, then he'd happily be the target of their rage to keep this relief coming. Elijah wasn't too pleased about the plan, but until they had another option, it was the only one they had. So while he went to find Vincent and find another way, Klaus got the girls focused on venting. 

   He groaned as his body crashed through the table in courtyard, shattering it on impact. "Do it again." He pushed to his feet as Hope held onto the banister of the stairs, breathing heavily. Mira sat on the steps, her fingers tangled in her hair as she tried to ignore the growing whispers inside her mind. "Harder this time. All of that pain, that simmering darkness. You need to purge it before it eats you alive."

   "Dad!" Hope let out.

   Klaus didn't give in. "Give me your anger, Hope!"

   Hope let out a scream as she spun on her heal and flicked her wrist, sending her father fling across the courtyard and into the wall. She shook her head as she paced forward. "It's not working." She groaned, still hearing the whispers just as Mira was.

   Klaus sat up and leaned back against the wall behind him, taking a moment to compose himself. "You're holding back."

   "You really think I want to feel this way?" She snapped at him. "No matter how hard I try to get it out, I don't feel any better. You're not the one we want to hurt." She finally admitted with a sigh, and Mira looked over at her knowingly.

   Klaus's eyes flickered between the two teenagers, before he pulled himself up and walked over toward them. "Give me a name." He ordered sternly.

   "Roman." Mira said before Hope could, Hope nodding in agreement. "Roman Sienna."

   He didn't need to question why, he knew the reasons already. Giving a simple nod, Klaus turned and left the compound to get them what they wanted. If this was how they'd be able to purge themselves of the darkness, then he would make it so.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   Klaus threw a cold bucket of water over Roman's head, causing the Sienna vampire to gasp awake with a splutter. His eyes glanced around rapidly to make sense of his surroundings, fear in his eyes as he tugged at the chains holding him up from where Klaus had imprisoned him the in underground dungeon, squirming under the cold, emotionless gaze of the original hybrid. "Have you decided how you're going to kill him?"

   "Slowly." Hope answered, no emotion to her voice either.

   Roman looked over his shoulder the best he could at the sound of her voice, spotting to familiar figures watching from the shadowy area of the room. "Hope? Mira? Hey."