Chapter 21 || Replaced

"Bye, Jihun," Jiah waves at her son, chuckling with Seokjin as the boy doesn't look that bothered, busy playing with the teddy he has grown close to here. So close that Seokjin said Jihun gets upset if some other kids are playing with that teddy instead of him.

Jiah smiles at the elder male, who wishes her a good day ahead before she walks out, pulling out her phone that has a few notifications which she couldn't reply to earlier. One of them is from Yoongi, apologizing for not being available the past two days because he was visiting Daegu and a lot happened. According to the long ass message which is very unlikely of Yoongi, he said that his parents had tricked him into going to a blind date since they believe that he's getting old and should find a girl with whom he'd spend the rest of his life with.

Jiah couldn't help but laugh, telling him that she'll drop by his resturant this evening where he can spill all the tea and they could catch up over dinner with Seokjin, Hoseok and Namjoon too. Yoongi gave a thumbs up emoji, making her sigh in relief that nothing happened to the Min Yoongi she knows.

Then there are a few texts from Taehyung, asking for a few pictures of Jihun from the day he was born. She smiles softly, going through her gallery while selecting her favourite ones, recollecting all the good moments with her son. Waiting for the bus to come, she selects a few pictures, sending them to Taehyung's number and bites in a smile on realising that he comes online instantly.

A honk from the street makes her look up, recognising the car, which makes her smile, standing up and walks up closer. The window rolls down, however instead of Namjoon's wise face, there's Jungkook flashing her a cocky grin. "He's your brother, right..." She hisses, reminding herself of the fact and withdraws her hand from the handle.

"I can give you a ride though," He offers, opening the door for her, "Get in,"

"No thank you," Jiah sighs, stepping back, crossing her arms on her chest.

"Oh com'on, it's fine," He says, "I'm not in a rush and I'd never mind being your driver, sweetheart,"

Jiah shakes her head, giving him a look which makes him sigh and step out of the car, pushing his hair back roughly with his hand. "Do I call Namjoon hyung for you?" He jokes, leaning against the back door and opens the door to the passenger seat, "This is me being a gentleman. I'm not trying anything, I promise,"

"Do you want me to hit you or what?" Jiah rolls her eyes, shutting the door close and Jungkook winces, yanking his hand back quickly. She restraints herself from walking away, suddenly worried if she actually slammed the door on Jungkook's hand and had him injured. Cursing softly under her breath, she steps closer to the man, while he's holding his hand, his face twisted in pain.

"I'm sorry," Jiah says, "I didn't mean to hurt you, Jungkook-ssi,"

"But you did," Jungkook clicks his tongue, "God, it hurts like hell,"

"I'm sorry..." She mumbles, digging in her bag and pulls out a bandaid. Her cheeks heat up and Jungkook stops with his dramatic winces and curses, staring at the tiny teddy bear bandaid in her hand. "Show me," She hushes out, never looking at his face.

"That's..." His lips twitch before he presses them into a thin line.

"My son likes teddies, okay? Don't judge!" Jiah huffs, pulling him by the sleeve and frowns, trying her best to locate where he got hurt.

"I'm not judging," Jungkook says, stepping closer and bites his lip, wincing again, "Ow!" Jiah jumps a little, glancing at his face then back at his hand, almost whining at her misery.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook," She repeats, "I'm so careless..."

"You are," He nods, picking his nose as he hides a smirk and Jiah ends up sighing, staring at her feet, which earns a confused look from him, "Hey, you don't have to be that upset. And please, I'm not going to scold you, baby," He assures, patting her side, "Get in the car, you can put that bandaid to help me and I can drive you to your work place,"