Chapter 22 || Friends

After what happened, even though it wasn't really Jiah's fault, considering that it's Jimin who's overreacting and took the whole situation as far as firing her from the company, it still bruises Jiah's ego and makes her feel bad for herself to the point where she's not not sure if she can go and meet up with Yoongi and the others later today. It's a known fact that Namjoon would be there too along with Seokjin and Hoseok.

If Jiah's not wrong, Namjoon must have already came to know about what happened and would certainly go to scold Jimin for his actions. That doesn't concern Jiah though. What actually leaves her a bit anxious is the fact that she has no job right now. Means no source of income. The income that she really needs for her and her son's survival in Seoul or literally anywhere in the world.

She sighs deeply, sitting alone in the park where Jihun loves to come and play. His favourite are the slides here and the swings where Jiah would sit with him on her lap and just have a relaxing time with him. It's still too early for her to go back and get Jihun, although she wouldn't mind having him with her at a moment like this, but she decides to wait for a while and stay alone, probably clear her mind a bit.

She still needs to convince herself that Park Jimin did make the mistake of not hearing her out and just assumed that she was one of those girls who go after rich men, even as far as two-timing. The allegation although never voiced is still pretty loud and clear in her head for she wasn't a fool to mistake the glare Jimin threw at her. He wasn't happy with her behaviour, probably made up his mind about what Jiah was and didn't want to invest his precious time in her anymore. Or else what could be the reason for a man to fire the woman overnight, whom he claimed to like a lot and was even ready to risk his reputation in front of the world?

It does hurt Jiah, remembering his words over the course of time that she grew closer to him, all of it just draining away due to a misunderstanding and wounded ego. Jimin was jealous and Jiah could see it. First because of Jungkook showing up at their date, then Taehyung yesterday. It's almost funny how Jimin still doesn't know the truth, which Jiah would like to tell him, not to make him feel guilty or anything, but to let him know that he shouldn't just assume whatever flows with his pride.

Jiah scoffs under her breath, throwing her head back as she stares at the sky, wondering if maybe she was a man in her past life and did similar things to women, to have her life so messed up this time. Not a single man meant well in her life so far, including her own father, who completely withdrew himself from her life when he came to know that she was pregnant with a random guy's child. Yoongi's an exception, but she can't get herself to rely on him too much when he himself has a life, and now even being forced to get married.

Jiah massages her temples, thinking about what to do now. She need to find another job which pays well, and for that she'll have to start with the daily struggle of giving interviews and working on her resume again. At least she has a good experience now and the Park Industry's name attached to her, which will definitely be a big boost in her getting a good job if she tries a bit hard.

Pulling her out of her thoughts, she feels her phone ringing inside her purse, making her scrunch her face, knowing it must be Namjoon right now. And it is. She takes a deep breath before answering, nibbling on her lip as the man starts speaking as soon as the call in answered, "Where are you, Jiah? I just came to know what Jimin— I mean, I know he can be a jerk but at least you could've told me. I'd talk to him right then an—"

"It's okay, oppa," Jiah sighs, "He's the owner of the company. He can do what he wants. And I'm not the first person whom he has fired,"

"But you don't deserve it!" Namjoon's right. Jiah knows it too, and that makes her scoff at her fate, kicking the stone lying close to her feet. "I just had a good talk to him. You should come back, don't worry about him,"